Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Latest Update 08th July 2020
We are closely monitoring the outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The safety, health & well-being of our students and staff is our priority at Intelligent Training Solutions. This page has been created to support students and staff to access official information and updates from our college.
LATEST UPDATE AS OF THE 08th JULY 2020 @ 11.59 PM
As of 11.59 pm on Wednesday, the 08th July 2020, residents who live in the Melbourne metropolitan area and the Shire of Mitchell have been forced back into Stage 3 restrictions and must not leave their home unless it is for the four original reasons permitted. If you live in the Melbourne metropolitan area and the Shire of Mitchell area, you will be allowed to leave your home for work or study.
Students who live in the Stage 3 area may attend our training centre if they are free of any flu-like symptoms. Every student regardless of their postcode will be offered the opportunity to complete all theory components at home requiring attendance on practical sessions only. For those students who still prefer face to face tuition, we will continue to operate classes with our current social distancing and hygiene protocols in place.
Our training centre remains open and is probably one of the most hygienic spaces you will come into contact with. We are situated in a specialised location and do not have general foot traffic interaction. Our students can move from the car park to within our building with minimal to zero contact with anybody.
A MESSAGE FROM FROM OUR CEO
As you are all aware, Coronavirus COVID-19 continues to impact communities around the globe and our thoughts are with those that have been affected. In times like these, we know that clear communication is essential, which is why we want to detail the specific actions Intelligent Training Solutions is taking to help encourage the health and safety of our students, employees and contractors.
First, let me start by saying that we have NO reported cases of Coronavirus at Intelligent Training Solutions.
We understand that your employment obligations and livelihoods do not stop or disappear just like your financial responsibilities. After all, workplace compliance and audit requirements together with their own personal workplace safety risks do not disappear due to the current COVID-19 impact.
To do our bit and reduce exposure to our community, we are implementing temporary measures and procedures which we feel they are proportionate and necessary to protect our students and our team.
To maintain a safe and comfortable learning environment, we are asking all students who have any flu-like symptoms to please prioritise your health, the health of your classmates and our staff by following the directions provided by the Department of Health and Safety and stay at home. Any student who attends class with signs of any flu-like symptoms will be asked to go home and follow the Departments of Health and Safety requirements.
We value and embrace our responsibility to the Australian public and will continue to follow the Government’s advice regarding the COVID-19 situation. Rest assured that we will continue to monitor the information relevant to the Education Sector and specific to Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) such as ours and will update you as new information becomes available. With that said, we are still conducting courses in line with government requirements and guidelines.
Please take a moment to scroll through the rest of this page and see what our dedicated staff at Intelligent Training Solutions are doing to ensure you are presented with a safe and comfortable learning environment. If you need to speak with us, please do not hesitate to contact our office using the Contact Us form or call us on 1300 585 866. On behalf of our entire team, we would like to remain you that we are here to support you through and answer any questions you may have regarding studying at Intelligent Training Solutions.
We look forward to seeing you safe & well at Intelligent Training Solutions.
Chief Executive Officer
INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
To keep our students up to date, our team are calling students regularly with updates relating to their study and our every changing hygiene and cleaning protocols. We are also using email and text message to confirm the information provided to students over the phone. We recommend you check your Intelligent Training Solutions student email or personal emails frequently for official updates and announcements from our college that will be relevant to you.
⭐ YES, WE ARE STILL RUNNING COURSES IN LINE WITH GOVERNMENT RECOMMENDATIONS AND OUR HEALTH MINISTERS REQUIREMENTS
⭐ CLASS SIZES ON ALL OUR COURSES HAVE BEEN REDUCED
⭐ Due to the recent announcement regarding Stage 3 restrictions, for the next six weeks starting on the 08th July 2020, we may be required to move some of our courses currently conducted through our community centres and Neighbourhood Houses to our own Training Center located at Keilor East, Victoria 3033. This change in venue will be re-assessed at the end of the six week period in line with the Victorian Government review on the current COVID-19 restrictions.
⭐ As a proactive measure, each student enrolled with us will be offered the opportunity to complete any theory-based learning components at home (online) with attendance only being required for practical training sessions. For those students who prefer face to face tuition, we will continue to operate classes with our current social distancing and hygiene protocols in place.
In response to the COVID-19 virus and Government recommendations, Intelligent Training Solutions has taken the following precautions to ensure that we remain responsible and adhere to the social distancing recommendations put forward by our Government:
- We are minimising all non-essential interactions with the public and have replaced all non-essential face to face meetings with live video conferences.
- We have placed a restriction on class sizes on all our courses reducing class sizes, ensuring that each participant has the minimum recommended 4m² of space where possible.
- We have equipped our trainers with commercial-grade disinfectant and have established pre and post-class procedures which involve our trainers disinfecting all classrooms, tables, desks, chairs, computer, door handles, tap handles, light switches etc… Any surface that has the potential for human conduct.
- We have also increased our already strict equipment disinfecting procedures. Our staff will now disinfect equipment before and after class regardless if used by a person. We will also make available commercial-grade disinfectant for students to use allowing them the opportunity and peace of mind to disinfect their own equipment prior to use.
- With reduced class sizes, each student will be issued with their own training aids and equipment that may be used on their course eliminating the need to share equipment with fellow students.
- Hand sanitiser is available to all students and staff in every classroom, in our reception areas, tea rooms and staff rooms.
- Wherever possible, our trainers have moved to a non-contact method of training which involves participants to verbally explain and self-demonstrate the required skills of their course.
All these procedures are in line with our regulatory standards and our commitment to deliver high quality and compliant courses. We understand that the information surrounding COVID-19 is changing daily and that we are currently working in a fluid environment. At this stage, the Australian Government is encouraging business and schools to remain open and to continue supporting the working and business sectors. Until further notice, we will continue to support our students and our community by adhering to the social distancing recommendations.
STUDENTS AFFECTED BY COVID-19
In the event that you are experiencing flu-like symptoms on the day of your course, please call our administration office on 03 5415 0204 and we will provide you with a credit note and transfer you to another course without penalty. For those students currently studying with us in a Certificate level qualification, if you are unwell, please call your course coordinator and we will arrange a make-up class for you at a later stage.
- Department of Health
- Victorian Department of Health and Human Services
- The Department of Education (resources and fact sheets relating to vocational education facilities)
HEALTH AND HYGIENE INFORMATION
The health, safety and wellbeing of the Intelligent Training Solutions community is our priority. The best way to protect yourself and those around you is to maintain good hand and respiratory hygiene. The Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) offers advice on general health and hygiene practices to reduce your risk of COVID-19
- Wash your hands regularly, after using the toilet and before eating. Dry your hands thoroughly with a disposable paper towel or a hand dryer
- Cover you mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or cough into your elbow, dispose of the tissue into a bin. Wash your hands afterwards
Posters from DHHS have been printed and displayed in key locations across our Training Centre. If you have concerns about your health, please phone your medical practitioner.