Date(s) - October 26, 2019
9:00 am - 12:30 pm
HLTAID001 PROVIDE CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION
Annual CPR Refresher Course
DELIVERY OPTIONS: (FACE TO FACE – NO PERSONAL STUDY) | (ONSITE / WORKPLACE DELIVERY)
COURSE OPTIONS: 2 DAY (FACE 2 FACE)
This course is suitable for those in workplaces and members of the public who would like a comprehensive and compliant CPR course and for those people who are required to annually update the CPR component of their first aid course.
During this course, you will gain the skills, knowledge and confidence to perform CPR on an infant, child and adult, to describe and use alternative methods for delivering rescue breaths and how to manage a victim of drowning. Throughout this course, you will gain the skills and knowledge necessary to maintain breathing and circulation in a casualty following cardiac arrest. Our course incorporates a number of realistic classroom simulations aimed at preparing you to deal with emergency first aid situations with a practical real-world approach to CPR.
The information and course content is based on the HLTAID001 unit criteria and the Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines. By completing this course you not only gain the ever so important life-saving skills one needs when confronted with an emergency situation but you also meet the annual requirements of your first aid certification, providing that your first aid certificate is still up-to-date. For those of you working in high-risk environments or industries or for those people who’s job role requires them to hold a first aid certification, this course also meets the all-important WorkSafe requirements
COURSE SUBJECTS (UNIT OF COMPETENCY)
On successful completion of this course, you will be issued a Statement of Attainment. The following nationally accredited unit of competency will be issued.
ENROLMENT | DELIVERY OPTIONS
For those participants wishing to continue with study after achieving the Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certificate can do so by undertaking the HLTAID003 Provide First Aid Certificate.
Our Provide CPR course is delivered, face to face in 3.5 hours. During this time you will undertake both the theory and practical components of this Certificate.
Prior to Enrolling
Prior to enrolling in to this course, you may wish to download a copy of the Intelligent Training Solutions Information Handbook. The information found in this document will highlight any expectations we will have from you and provide you with a clear understanding of your required commitment to this course. This document can be obtained by contacting our office or is available for download from this website in the right-hand side menu bar.
Items you will receive on this course
Once you have successfully completed this course you will receive the following items:
- FREE access to our online student portal allowing you to re-visit the information and videos at any time for any reason.
- A PRINTED personalised plastic wallet-sized card, this card contains your course information, your details, your course and CPR expiry date and an emergency DRSABCD action plan.
- A keyring resuscitation mask (Valued at $6.99)
- A Transcript of Results and a Secured PDF (electronic copy) of the Certificate of Completion for:
- HLTAID001 Provide CPR
Please note: Once you have satisfied all the requirements of this course and made payment of your course fees, your certificate will be emailed to you. If you require your certificate urgently for any reason please inform your trainer so that they can make the required arrangements.
2019 Course Fees
2019 Course Dates
How to Enrol
Online Enrolment: Available | Manual Enrolment: Available
Applicants wishing to enrol into this course will need to complete an enrolment form. This can be achieved either online, in person or by downloading and printing the PDF version.
To get a PDF version of the enrolment form just click the ‘ITS Enrolment Form’ button located on the right-hand side menu bar, alternatively, you may wish to speak with one of our team during business hours.
To enrol online simply scroll through the available course dates above and then click the ‘Enrol Now’ button associated with the course you wish to enrol into. To get a PDF copy of the enrolment form, click the ‘Course Enrolment Form’ button from the right-hand side menu bar, alternatively, you may wish to speak with one of our team during business hours.
This Course Covers
- How to properly assess an emergency situation
- CPR techniques on adults, children, and infants
- Using and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) on both adults and children
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Legal responsibilities of a first-aider and much more!
Even though the information taught in a first aid and CPR course is serious, our courses are fun, practical and engaging. They contain a lot of valuable video content to ensure you remain engaged with the content.
Unlike many other first aid providers, all our trainers are either qualified division 1 nurses, emergency service workers or paramedics. We do this to ensure that the information you receive during this course is current, practical and of a high standard.
Intelligent Training Solutions is able to deliver this course at your workplace, your own training venue or community function center. Intelligent Training Solutions also delivers this course in the following training locations around Victoria. You can come and complete your course with us at any of the following locations:
- Attwood, Victoria
- Preston, Victoria
- Riddells Creek, Victoria
- Gisborne, Victoria
- Romsey, Victoria
- Lancefield, Victoria
- Epping, Victoria
- Kyneton, Victoria
- Sunbury, Victoria
- Melbourne CBD and many, many more places.
If you have a group of people that would like to enrol into this course please let us know and we will make the necessary arrangements for you. We specialise in corporate bookings and are flexible and dynamic to accommodate your organisational requirements.
Course Entry Recommendations
This is an open certificate. We encourage everybody to undertake this certificate in order to learn the life-saving skills taught in this course. Participants should have basic Language, Literacy, and Numeracy skills and have the physical ability to manage CPR and other First Aid situations. Participants must be 15 years or older.
This unit of competency will be assessed. The assessment will be based on the principles of competency-based training (CBT). A successful outcome for this certificate will be determined by a range of different methods including online or written work, observation of simulated and practical activities, and structured questioning or class discussions.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
RPL for this certificate will be offered by way of an assessment only. Applicants will need to undertake both the theory and practical assessment tasks in order to be deemed competent in this course. Standard fees will apply. Further information is available by contacting our office.
Terms and Conditions
The training offered by Intelligent Training Solutions provides the skills and knowledge to properly administer CPR and First Aid assistance but does not constitute a medical qualification. Intelligent Training Solutions accepts no responsibility for the subsequent actions of participants.
CPR training involves moderate physical activity including kneeling and bending. Intelligent Training Solutions does not accept any responsibility for any harm suffered by you as a result of your participation in the course. If you have any special needs including those in relation to Language, Literacy, or Numeracy, a relevant disability or condition, or any other concerns you should raise these with us prior to your enrolment.
Refunds and Cancellation Policy
Please note we are unable to refund your money to you if:
- You change your mind for any reason within seven (7) days prior to the course commencement. In the event you enrolled into this course within the 7 day period you will be given a 24 hour cooling off period. After the 24 hours cooling off period has passed, no money will be refunded.
- If you are required to leave class through the duration of the course and therefore are unable to complete the course.
Additional information on the ITS refund policy can be found on the ITS Enrolment Form, ITS website, or the Information Handbook.
- You have the right to complain about the performance of our administration services, trainers or assessors
- You have the right to appeal the assessment decision made by our trainers. Please refer to the ITS Appeals Policy located on this website.
- You can view our Complaints and Appeals policies by downloading our Information Handbook or by clicking the links found in the right-hand side menu bar on this website.
What happens after I submit my Enrolment Form?
Once our administration staff receive your enrolment form the following will take place:
- The arrival of your enrolment form will be confirmed via a text message sent to your mobile phone number.
- You will be sent up to three (3) emails from our office. These emails will contain:
- A welcome email which will contain the contact details of your trainer, your course details, your courses location details including address and time of commencement and who to contact in the event you require any assistance or support prior to the course.
- A TAX Invoice or Receipt
- An email containing information about your USI
- A text message that will confirm your enrolment into the course and the number of email we sent you will then be sent to your mobile number.
NOTE: If you wish to have access to the ITS Student Portal in order to view our first aid presentations, please contact your trainer or the ITS office as access will be arranged. Information regarding the student portal can be found in the ITS Information Handbook.
REMEMBER: You do not require access to our Portal for this course however if you wish to refresh your memory on the other aspects of First Aid you may do so free of charge.
Required Resources and Book List
ITS will provide you with all the required resources and books on the day of your course.
Student Required Equipment
It is recommended that you provide the following:
- Working pens and highlighters for use on the course.
- A4 lined workbooks for taking notes (minimum 150 pages)
- An active and working email account
- Photo ID to confirm your identity.
Upon Successful Completion of this course
Upon the successful completion of this accredited certificate you will receive a Transcript of Results and Plastic wallet sized card together with a secured PDF (digital) Certificate that contains your name and your course information. The plastic card will be mailed to you once you have completed your course. Your Certificate of Completion will be emailed to you. You may request a printed copy of your Certificate at any time. Printed Certificates will incur a $5.00 administration and postage fee for regular post.
All printed documentation will be mailed to the address on your enrolment form using the Australia Post service. Delivery of these documents may take between 2 to 14 days depending on the mail service. Emailed documents will be sent to your email address within 24 hours from the time your assessor submits your results.
ITS has worked and delivered courses to:
- Attwood House Community Centre
- Burbank Group of Companies
- Braybrook Secondary College
- Country Fire Authority (CFA)
- Candlebark Primary School
- Canny Builders
- Dig Rite
- Northern Melbourne Institute of TAFE (NMIT)
- Metropolitan Fire Brigade (MFB)
- Tree House Early Learning Centre (Ascot Vale)
- Futuretek Communications Pty Ltd
- Gisborne Montessori School
- Essendon Keilor College
- St Ignatius College
- Mount Beauty Secondary College
- Ivanhoe Grammar School
- Fit 2 B Australia
- Advanced Athletes Performance
- Kyneton Community & Learning Centre (RTO)
- Lalor Secondary School
- Monbulk Secondary College
- Macedon Ranges Further Education Centre
- Thornbury Secondary College
- Lyndale College
- Alia College
- Euroa Secondary College
- Oberon High School
- St. Bernards College
- Whitefriars College
- Kambrya College
- Rowville Secondary College
- Riddells Creek Neighborhood House
- Notre Dame College
- Casterton Secondary College
- Ashwood College
- Orimo Women’s
- Brunswick College
- Broadford College
- Avila College
This page was last updated on the Tuesday 22nd January 2019