Date(s) - October 19, 2019
9:00 am - 5:30 pm
HLTAID004 Provide Emergency First Aid Response in an Education & Care Setting
The HLTAID004 is a new course (unit of competency) and is ideal for educators, support staff, child care workers and careers. This course is also suitable for anybody working in day care, family day care, pre-school and after school programs and care services.
The Australian Children’s Education & Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) has endorsed the HLTAID004 as satisfying all educator requirements for First Aid, Anaphylaxis Management and Emergency Asthma Training as outlined in the National Regulations.
This course will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to provide emergency first aid, life support, management of casualty(s) in a range of situations commonly found in the education and care industry.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be awarded with the following Nationally Recognised units of competence:
|Core Unit||Unit Name|
|HLTAID001||Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)|
|HLTAID003||Provide First Aid|
|HLTAID004||Provide Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting|
Who should enrol into this course?
This certificate is required by anybody who works, or would like to enter the children’s education or care industry in Australia. This course is also available to anybody that looks after children on both a professional and non-professional level.
For those participants wishing to continue with study after achieving the HLTAID004 Provide Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting Certificate can do so by undertaking the HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid Certificate.
Prior to Enrolling
Prior to enrolling into this course you may wish to download a copy of the ITS Information Handbook. The information found in this document will highlight any expectations we will have from you and provide you with a clear understanding of your required commitment to this course. This document can be obtained by contacting our office or is available for download from this website.
Items you will receive on this course
Once you have successfully completed this course you will receive the following items:
- FREE access to our online student portal for an additional 2 months allowing you to re-visit the information and videos at any time, for any reason.
- Printed personalised plastic wallet sized card, this card contains your course information, your details, your course and CPR expiry date and an emergency DRS ABCD action plan.
- A Certificate and Transcript of Results containing:
- HLTAID001 Provide CPR
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID004 Provide Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting
- A key ring resuscitation mask
2019 Course Fees and Enrolment Options
How to Enrol
Online Enrolment: Available | Manual Enrolment: Available
Applicants wishing to enrol into this course must complete an enrolment form. To enrol online simply click the ‘Enrol Now’ button located in the table below next to the course date you wish to participate in. To get a PDF copy of the enrolment form simply click the ‘download enrolment form’ link below, alternatively you may wish to speak with one of our team during business hours.
For group bookings please conduct Intelligent Training Solutions on 03 9351 1068 or via the contact us form on this website and one of our friendly staff will call you shortly.
To get a PDF version of the enrolment form just click the ‘ITS Enrolment Form’ button located on the right-hand side menu bar, alternatively, you may wish to speak with one of our team during business hours.
This Course Covers
- How to properly assess an emergency situation
- DRS ABCD
- CPR techniques on adults, children and infants
- Using AED’s on adults and children
- Anaphylaxis Management for children and adults
- Emergency Asthma Training for children and adults
- Seizures, bites, stings
- Managing exposure to extreme temperatures
- The need for stress-management techniques and available support following an emergency situation.
- Duty of care requirements
- Importance of debriefing
- Privacy and confidentiality requirements
- Reporting and documentation
- Legal responsibilities of a first-aider and much more!
Even though First Aid is a serious topic our courses are fun, practical and engaging. They contain a lot of valuable video content to ensure participants remain engaged rather than listening to war stores of a trainers past experiences.
Intelligent Training Solutions prides itself on its customer service and on the support it provides to its students. This course is supported via the following ways:
- Face to Face by appointment
- Telephone – we can call you
- Webinar – Video or Audio over computer
Once you enrol into any of our courses you will be emailed your trainers contact details. If you require any assistance feel free to contact your trainer or our office Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.00pm (after hours support is also available) or Saturday’s, 8.30am to 12.30pm. We are here to help!
Intelligent Training Solutions is able to deliver this course at your workplace, training venue or community function center. If you would like to come to us we can see you at our Preston Training Venue or any on of the following Neighbourhood Houses:
- Attwood House Community Centre, Victoria
- Advanced Athletes Performance, Preston, Victoria
- Riddells Creek Neighbourhood House, Victoria
- Romsey Neighbourhood House, Victoria
- Lancefield Neighbourhood House, Victoria
- Kyneton Community and Learning Centre, Victoria
- Macedon Rangers Future Education Centre, Victoria, Gisborne
If you have a group (minimum of 4) that need this course and would like us to deliver in your area (Victoria Wide) please let us know and we will make all the arrangements.
Course Entry Recommendations
Participants should have basic Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills and have the physical ability to manage CPR and other First Aid situations.
This unit of competence will be assessed. The assessment will be based on the principles of CBT (Competency-Based Training). A successful outcome for this Certificate will be determined by a range of different methods including online or written assessment, observation of simulated and practical activities, structured questioning or discussions.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
RPL for this certificate will be offered by way of Assessment Only. Applicants will need to undertake both the theory and practical assessment tasks in order to be deemed competent in this course. Standard fees will apply. Further information is available by contacting our office.
Terms and Conditions
The training offered by ITS provides the skills and knowledge to properly administer First Aid but does not constitute a medical qualification. ITS accepts no responsibility for the subsequent actions of participants.
First Aid training involves moderate physical activity including kneeling and bending. ITS does not accept any responsibility for any harm suffered by you as a result of your participation in the course. If you have any special needs (including those in relation to Language, Literacy or Numeracy) a relevant disability or condition, or any other concerns you should raise these prior to enrolment.
Refunds and Cancellation Policy
Please note we are unable to refund money to you if:
- You change your mind for to any reason within 7 days prior to course commencement. (NOTE: In the event you enrolled into the course within the 7 days prior to course commencement you will be given a 24 hour cooling off period. After the 24 hours has passed no monies will be refunded)
- You had to leave the class and cannot complete the course for any reason.
Additional information on the ITS refund policy can be found on the ITS Enrolment Form or the Information Handbook.
- You have the right to complain about the performance of our administration services, trainers or assessors
- You have the right to appeal the assessment decision made by our trainers
- You can view our Complaints and Appeals policies by downloading our Information Handbook from this website.
Once you have completed and submitted your Enrolment Form.
Your enrolment will be confirmed via email and text message. Once your enrolment has been processed and confirmed you will receive a ‘Welcome’ email which contains vital information such as your trainers contact details, it time and date of your course, your course information and instructions on how to access the theory component of your course. The theory component can be completed via a written assessment which requires you to download a copy of the learner guide and student assessment or can be completed online via our Student Portal. Information regarding the Student Portal can be found in the course information handbook.
Required Resources and Book List
ITS will provide you with all the required resources and presentations upon enrolment. Participants will also have the option of downloading the HLTAID004 Student Learner Guide free of charge.
Required Equipment (Student)
It is recommended that you provide the following:
- Working pens and highlighters for use on the course.
- A4 lined workbooks for taking notes (minimum 150 pages)
- An active and working email account
Upon Successful Completion of this course
Upon the successful completion of this Accredited Certificate you will receive a Transcript of Results and Certificate together with a wallet sized plastic card that contains your First Aid information.
This page was last updated on Tuesday 22nd January 2019