Date(s) - July 15, 2019 - September 20, 2019
Preston Training Rooms
Defensive Driver Course – Half Day Safe Driver Program – With Optional Upgrade
There have been many, just like you that have landed on our website, slightly confused and most likely overwhelmed trying to find the correct defensive driver course and answers to difficult questions like:
- What course will best please a magistrate? or;
- How do I become the best, safest driver I can be? or;
- What will be the best course for my child/partner/family member or friend?
- What will be the best course for my staff?
Intelligent Training Solutions is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that delivers defensive driver training courses without compare. Here is a shortlist of why people choose an ITS Defensive Drive Course:
- It is 1 to 1 training with a dual-qualified Cert IV trainer.
- The training is delivered on-road, in various environments and we can supply a car at no extra cost.
- Anonymity (people with a crash or legal history are not forced to explain themselves all day to every person they meet on a group course.)
- It is a half-day course, that is flexible and available 6 days a week.
- Because we are an RTO, we operate as a regulated training provider. (The Defensive Drive Course Industry is unregulated)
- We apply the principles, documents and systems of our recognised training to our Defensive Drive Course. Which means;
- You receive a more comprehensive and rigorous level of documentation not usually associated with defensive/advanced driver courses.
- Our trainers are supportive, will listen to your individual requirements and adjust their training accordingly.
- Pre-Course, to improve your training experience; we provide you with a short, fun, interactive questionnaire completed on any smartphone, tablet or computer.
Your confusion ends here, read the information below, select your course, book yourself in!
Who is this course for?
Defensive driving is about anticipating road and traffic hazards and responding ahead of time so that you can protect yourself and others from dangerous and unexpected driving situations. It is the best way to avoid accidents and become a smarter driver. When taught correctly, the goal of defensive driving is to be aware of potential threats and be prepared to deal with them before they become a problem. Our defensive driver course is about teaching you to drive proactively and not re-actively! We address the modern issues causing road trauma. You learn how to actively manage driver distraction, addiction to distraction, your driver psychology.
Unless you are driving a vintage car, why learn reactive actions like “skid-control” if you drive a car with ABS and studies have proven this type of training to be ineffective?
Our Safe Driver Program is suitable for:
- Any person who has been ordered, or voluntarily undertakes a defensive driver course prior to an appearance at a Magistrates court or legal process.
- Any learner, probationary, or fully licenced driver wanting to improve their on-road safety by reducing their crash risk.
- Any learner, probationary, or fully licenced driver wanting to reduce their vehicle running costs, making their driving cheaper!
On successful completion, you may be issued with a Certificate of Driving Competence, assessment records, and a detailed individual report containing the driving competencies achieved throughout your course.
Optional Nationally Recognised Accredited Component
If for employment reasons, or needing a demonstrated raised level of commitment or competency, you may consider enrolling into a nationally accredited unit of competency. This accredited option does attract an additional enrolment fee. If you require this accredited component, upon enrolment, you will be sent a welcome email from our administration team containing instructions on how to access the accredited personal study component. For more information on this option click the arrow below.What is the accredited personal study component?
For those wishing to participate in the nationally recognised accredited component, you will be enrolled in the following unit of competence with Intelligent Training Solutions (RTO: 22570).
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|TLIC3036||Apply Safe Car Driving Behaviours|
(This unit of competence is from the TLI Transport and Logistics Training Package)
This unit is delivered to you via a personal study component that must be completed online via our student portal. Your welcome email will contain instructions on how to access your accredited component. Once logged in, you will be presented with fun, interactive learning materials followed by a theory assessment. The practical training and assessment for this unit of competency will be delivered during your practical training days. (multiple practical training sessions)
How long will this personal study component take?
As with any self-paced course, the amount of time required to complete the unit requirements will depend directly on the amount of time you dedicate to your study, however, it is expected that is component will not take you any more than 12 hours to complete.
What support can I get for this accredited component?
Student support is a cornerstone of our organisation. Support for this unit is available in the following formats and times:
- Phone Support available six days a week, 8.30am to 5.00pm (Monday to Friday), 8.30am to 12.30pm (Saturday)
- Email Support available six days a week, 8.30am to 5.00pm (Monday to Friday), 8.30am to 12.30pm (Saturday)
- Live Online Video Support (Webinar or AnyMeeting), available on request
- Face to Face Support, available on request and your practical training sessions.
Once enrolled, you will be emailed your trainer’s contact details. If you require any assistance, feel free to contact your trainer or our office, Monday to Saturday, in accordance with the times printed above. We are here to help!
REMEMBER, this accredited component is only an option and not a compulsory part of this program.
Why is this course the best course for me?
Many defensive driver courses throughout Australia are conducted by small business or driving schools that provide you with a value-added service. Their claim that an on-road course is better than an off-road course or vice versa is generally based on their business infrastructure, skills, knowledge, and abilities. The fact is that both types of courses, on-road and off-road, have an educational value and the determination on which course is right for you depends on your circumstances and individual requirements.
With over 25 years in the road transport driver training industry, Intelligent Training Solutions is one of the few course providers that is accredited as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). As an RTO we have an obligation to adhere to the Standards for RTO’s including quality assurance. All our professionally qualified instructors hold a current vocational education and training/teaching qualification as well as specific Cert IV specialised Driver Trainer qualifications.
Driven by research and our unique industry experience, your course will include:
- The emerging importance of driver psychology
- The latest information on driver distraction
- The connection of ECO driving and reduced crash rates
- The latest information on fatigue management
- Road rule updates
- Defensive and best practice driving strategies
- Creation of your own mobile phone use policy
Governed by quality outcomes and the safety of our students. You will benefit from our 1 to 1 in-vehicle trainer to student ratio. It will be just you and your trainer. Your training will be safer and more effective because your trainer will be sitting beside you!
Many traditionally delivered defensive drive courses have one trainer, on a whistle, 50 meters down the road and you, on your own, in a conga line of cars, with more time spent sitting and waiting for your short attempt at a driving exercise. That approach is not associated with best practice education.
This course is conducted in the following training locations:
1) Keilor East, Victoria. Local pick-up can be arranged, additional fees may apply.
Our defensive driver course is delivered all year, Monday to Saturday, with flexible start times.
Course Packages, Course Dates and Enrolment Options
Applicants wishing to enrol into this course must complete an enrolment form. To enrol simply click on the ‘Enrol Now’ button below located next to the course you wish to participate in.
Course Eligibility Criteria
In order to successfully participate in this course it is recommended that you meet the following recommendations:
- Possess a current, and unrestricted Australian learners permit or drivers licence
- (If enrolling into the accredited TLIC3036 unit of competency)
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills are expected to be equivalent to Level 2 of the ACSF if undertaking the accredited TLIC3036 component.
No matter how ambitious your life goals are, the moment you are involved in a serious road trauma crash, your life will never be the same. Studies have proven people involved in serious road trauma crashes are more susceptible to loss of employment, on average remain unemployment 12 months longer, return to work on reduced wages and job function, experience a life-long reduction in income.
Reducing your chance of traffic fines, maintaining your demerit points and enjoying reduced vehicle operating costs makes financial sense. Learning “proven” pro-active driving systems and techniques that reduce your chance of a crash is a sensible investment in yourself or a loved one.