HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
Only from $65.00!
Knowing what to do in the first few minutes following an accident can be the difference between life and death. This Nationally Accredited Certificate provides participants with the knowledge, skills and confidence to provide initial emergency care in accordance with approved First Aid principles. This course will also allow you to provide basic First Aid response in emergency life support until emergency assistance arrives.
This course is applies to all workers / employees who may be required to provide an emergency first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings. This course is targeted that individuals who do not require the Level II First Aid certificate however do require workplace first aid skills. The Safe Work Australia First Aid Code of Practice requires employers to ensure that their nominated first-aiders attend first aid training on a regular basis to remain current. The Code of Practice recommends that refresher training for a first aid qualification like the HLTAID002 and HLTAID003 should be renewed every 3 years from the date of issue. The CPR component (also known as HLTAID001) of this course should be renewed annual to remain current.
The following Nationally Accredited Unit of Competence is included in this Certificate:
|Core Unit||Unit Name|
|HLTAID001||Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)|
|HLTAID002||Provide Basic Emergency Life Support|
For those participants wishing to continue with study after achieving the Provide Basic Emergency Life Support Certificate can do so by undertaking the HLTAID003 Provide First Aid Certificate.
Click here to view our enrolment options
- Our full time one (1) day course, 8.30am to 4.30pm – Face to Face Delivery
- Our Express (4 hour Face to Face) First Aid Course which allows you to undertake the theory component of this Certificate online in your own time. The practical session will be conducted in 1 x 4hr Face to Face session with the online theory component requiring 2 to 8 hours of online study.
Prior to Enrolling
Prior to enrolling into this course you may wish to download a copy of the ITS Information Handbook. The information found in this document will highlight any expectations we will have from you and provide you with a clear understanding of your required commitment to this course. This document can be obtained by contacting our office or is available for download from this website.
Items you will receive on this course
Once you have successfully completed this course you will receive the following items:
- FREE access to our online student portal for an additional 3 months allowing you to re-visit the information and videos at any time or any reason.
- Printed personalised plastic wallet sized card, this card contains your course information, your details, your course and CPR expiry date and an emergency DRS ABCD action plan.
An A4 Certificate/Statement of Attainment containing:
- HLTAID001 Provide CPR
- HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- A keyring resuscitation mask.
- AND you will be placed onto our register to receive a FREE reminder when your Certificate is about to expire. This is a free service offered by Intelligent Training Solutions to assist you to stay up-to-date and current with your First Aid Certification.
2015 Course Fees
|1 Day HLTAID002 Course – (8 hours Face to Face)||$65.00|
|EXPRESS HLTAID002 Course – Requires an online component to be completed prior to the practical session (4 hours Face to Face)||$65.00|
Special Offer – Get 30% off First Aid Kits when you enrol!
How to Enrol
Online Enrolment: Available
Applicants wishing to enrol into this course must complete the enrolment process. Course dates are flexible and courses are conducted all year round. To enrol online simply click the 'Enrol Now' button below located next to the course you wish to enrol into. To get a PDF copy of the enrolment form simply click the 'download enrolment form' link, alternatively you may wish to speak with one of our team during business hours.
For Group Bookings refer to the Group Bookings section below.
|Type||Course Date||Location||Price||Enrol Now|
|1 Day Course or EXPRESS Course||Available on Request||Preston, Victoria 3072||$65.00||Please call ITS for course dates|
|More dates available here soon. For more information please call us or send us an Enquiry.|
Enrol offline: download enrolment form
This Course Covers
- How to properly assess an emergency situation
- CPR techniques on adults, children and infants
- Using AED's on adults and children
- Anaphylasic, asthma, seizures, bites, stings
- Managing exposure to extreme temperatures
- Legal responsibilities of a first aider and much more!
Even though First Aid is a serious topic our courses are fun, practical and engaging. They contain a lot of valuable video content to ensure participants remain engaged rather than listening to war stores of a trainers past experiences.
Intelligent Training Solutions is able to deliver this course at your workplace, training venue or community function center. If you would like to come to us we can see you at our Preston Training Venue or at any one of the following Neighbourhood Houses located in the Macedon Ranges:
- Riddells Creek Neighbourhood House
- Romsey Neighbourhood House
- Lancefield Neighbourhood House
- Kyneton Community and Learning Centre
If you have a group (minimum of 6) that need this course and would like us to deliver in your area (Victoria Wide) please let us know and we will make all the arrangements.
Course Entry Recommendations
This is an open Certificate. We encourage everybody to undertake this Certificate in order to learn these life saving skills. Participants should have basic Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills and have the physical ability to manage CPR and other First Aid situations. Participants must be 15 years or older.
This unit of competence will be assessed. The assessment will be based on the principles of CBT (Competency-Based Training). A successful outcome for this Certificate will be determined by a range of different methods including online or written assessment, observation of simulated and practical activities, structured questioning or discussions.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
RPL for this certificate will be offered by way of Assessment Only. Applicants will need to undertake both the theory and practical assessment tasks in order to be deemed competent in this course. Standard fees will apply. Further information is available by contacting our office.
Terms and Conditions
The training offered by ITS provides the skills and knowledge to properly administer First Aid but does not constitute a medical qualification. ITS accepts no responsibility for the subsequent actions of participants.
First Aid training involves moderate physical activity including kneeling and bending. ITS does not accept any responsibility for any harm suffered by you as a result of your participation in the course. If you have any special needs (including those in relation to Language, Literacy or Numeracy) a relevant disability or condition, or any other concerns you should raise these prior to enrolment.
Refunds and Cancelation Policy
Please note we are unable to refund money to you if:
- You change your mind for to any reason within 7 days prior to course commencement. (NOTE: In the event you enrolled into the course within the 7 days prior to course commencement you will be given a 24 hour cooling off period. After the 24 hours has passed no monies will be refunded)
- You had to leave the class and cannot complete the course for any reason.
Additional information on the ITS refund policy can be found on the ITS Enrolment Form or the Information Handbook.
- You have the right to complain about the performance of our administration services, trainers or assessors
- You have the right to appeal the assessment decision made by our trainers
- You can view our Complaints and Appeals policies by downloading our Information Handbook from this website.
Once you have Enrolled
Once your enrolment is confirmed by ITS you will be given access to the ITS Student Portal. Information regarding the Student Portal can be found in the Course Information Handbook.
Required Resources and Book List
ITS will provide you with all the required resources and books on the day of your course.
Required Equipment (Student)
It is recommended that you provide the following:
- Working pens and highlighters for use on the course.
- A4 lined workbooks for taking notes (minimum 150 pages)
- An active and working email account
Upon Successful Completion of this course
Upon the successful completion of this Accredited Certificate you will receive a Statement of Attainment (Results) and Certificate together with a wallet sized plastic card that contains your First Aid information.
This page was last updated on Tuesday 20th October 2015 @ 5.10pm