HLTAID003 Provide First Aid – Level II First Aid Course for the Hearing Impaired
1 and 2 day courses available
Intelligent Training Solutions is proud to provide our first aid course to the hearing impaired. This course is supported with an Auslan interpreter, visual learning materials that have been captioned and well written assessment tools. Our first aid trainer is a current paramedic with Ambulance Victoria and an ex-asulan interpreter. Intelligent Training Solutions will attempt to cater to your needs as much as we can because knowing what to do in the first few minutes following an accident can be the difference between life and death. This nationally accredited certificate provides participants with the knowledge, skills and confidence to provide initial emergency care in accordance with approved first aid principles. This course will also allow you to provide basic first aid response in emergency life support until emergency assistance arrives.
This course is the benchmark standard that is suitable for anybody requiring a Level II First Aid or Senior First Aid Certificate for the workplace, home, sport and recreational use.
The following Nationally Accredited Unit of Competence is included in this Certificate:
|Core Unit||Unit Name|
|HLTAID001||Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)|
|HLTAID003||Provide First Aid|
Click here to view our enrolment options
- Our full time two (2) day course, 9.00am to 5.30pm.
- Our 1 Day Express First Aid Course which allows you to undertake 60% of the theory component of this certificate in your own time. The remaining 40% of the theory component together with the practical session will be conducted in one (1) day, 9.00am to 4.30pm.
Prior to Enrolling
Prior to enrolling into this course you may wish to download a copy of the ITS information handbook. The information found in this document will highlight any expectations we will have from you and provide you with a clear understanding of your required commitment to this course. This document can be obtained by contacting our office or is available for download from this website.
Items you will receive on this course
Once you have successfully completed this course you will receive the following items:
- FREE access to our online student portal for an additional 3 months allowing you to re-visit the information and videos at any time or any reason.
- Printed personalised plastic wallet sized card, this card contains your course information, your details, your course and CPR expiry date and an emergency DRS ABCD action plan.
- A Certificate and Statement of Attainment containing:
- A keyring resuscitation mask.
We will also add you to our register to receive FREE reminders that your CPR or First Aid certificates are about to expiry. This is a free service offered by Intelligent Training Solutions to assist you to stay up-to-date and current with your first aid certification.
Please note: Once you have satisfied all the requirements of this course and made payment your certificate will be emailed to you within 48 to 72 hours. If you require your certificate urgently for any reason please inform your trainer so that they can make the required arrangements for you.
2016 Course Fees
Click here to view some of the feedback we have received over the last few months
- "Jess was a great presenter, using the content to tell the class about her own experiences and giving students the opportunity to tell theirs. The presentation of the information was professional and up to date with YouTube videos to support content. Jess ensured the students understood the concepts and assisted when necessary" …Melissa Holloway
- "Thanks very much Alex and Jessica, that was great. I really enjoyed the course and found all aspects highly accessible and professional, from the online enrolment and modules through to payment processing and course presentation. Jessica's nursing background and her generosity with information was much appreciated. Please convey my thanks to all involved."…Helen North
- "Please ass on my sincere thanks to all involved, This has been the most thorough, informative, well run course I have ever had staff involved in". Gisborne Montessori School
- "Many thanks for the efficient manner in which you conducted the first aid course I attended back in May in Kyneton. Jess would be one of the best facilitators I have met. The promptness of our receiving the certificates was brilliant. Many thanks"….. Gail Tierney
Auslan Interpreter Service, How we support you.
Throughout the duration of the practical face to face session, Intelligent Training Solutions will provide the class with an Auslan Interpreter to assist the trainer with the delivery of the class. The training videos used during the personal study and the face to face components of the course have been captioned to assist our participants. Our first aid trainer herself is an ex-auslan interpreter and is a current paramedic with Ambulance Victoria.
How to Enrol
Online Options for this course: Online Enrolment | PDF Download | In Person.
Applicants wishing to enrol into this course must complete the Enrolment Form either online, in person or by downloading and completing the PDF version. To enrol online simply click the 'Enrol Now' button below located next to the course you wish to enrol into. To get a PDF copy of the enrolment form simply click the 'download enrolment form' link located in the right hand side menu bar, alternatively you may wish to speak with one of our team during business hours.
Enrol offline: download enrolment form
This Course Covers
- How to properly assess an emergency situation
- CPR techniques on adults, children and infants
- Using AED's on adults and children
- Anaphylaxis, asthma, seizures, bites, stings
- Fractures, head injuries, spinal injuries
- Managing exposure to extreme temperatures
- Legal responsibilities of a first-aider and much more!
Even though First Aid is a serious topic our courses are fun, practical and engaging. They contain a lot of valuable video content to ensure participants remain engaged rather than listening to war stores of a trainers past experiences. Unlike many other first aid providers all our trainers are qualified as division 1 nurses or emergency service workers and paramedics. Our standards are high to ensure that the information you receive during this course is current and practical and not just taught by a first aider. We believe in providing you with highly qualified trainers that have real industry experience that is current.
Intelligent Training Solutions prides itself on its customer service and on the support it provides to its students. This course is supported via the following ways:
- Face to Face by appointment
- Telephone – we can call you
- Webinar – Video or Audio over computer
Once you enrol into any of our courses you will be emailed your trainers contact details. If you require any assistance feel free to contact your trainer or our office Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 7.00pm (after hours support is also available) or Saturday's, 9.00am to 12.30pm. We are here to help!
Intelligent Training Solutions is able to deliver this course at your workplace, training venue or community function center. Intelligent Training Solutions also deliver this course in the following training venues around Victoria.
- Preston, Victoria
- Riddells Creek, Victoria
- Gisborne, Victoria
- Romsey, Victoria
- Lancefield, Victoria
- Epping, Victoria
- Melbourne CBD and many, many more places.
If you have a group of people that would like to enrol into this course and you would like us to deliver this course in your area please let us know and we will make all the arrangements. We specialise in corporate bookings and are flexible and dynamic to accommodate most organisational requirements.
Course Entry Recommendations
This is an open certificate. We encourage everybody to undertake this certificate in order to learn these life saving skills. Participants should have basic Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills and have the physical ability to manage CPR and other First Aid situations. Participants must be 15 years or older.
This unit of competence will be assessed. The assessment will be based on the principles of CBT (competency-based training). A successful outcome for this certificate will be determined by a range of different methods including either on online or written submission of work, observation of simulated and practical activities, structured questioning or discussions.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
RPL for this certificate will be offered by way of assessment only. Applicants will need to undertake both the theory and practical assessment tasks in order to be deemed competent in this course. Standard fees will apply. Further information is available by contacting our office.
Terms and Conditions
The training offered by ITS provides the skills and knowledge to properly administer first aid but does not constitute a medical qualification. ITS accepts no responsibility for the subsequent actions of participants.
First Aid training involves moderate physical activity including kneeling and bending. ITS does not accept any responsibility for any harm suffered by you as a result of your participation in the course. If you have any special needs (including those in relation to Language, Literacy or Numeracy) a relevant disability or condition, or any other concerns you should raise these prior to enrolment.
Refunds and Cancelation Policy
Please note we are unable to refund money to you if:
- You change your mind for to any reason within 7 days prior to course commencement. (NOTE: In the event you enrol into this course within the 7 days prior to commencement you will be given a 24 hour cooling off period. After the 24 hours has passed no money will be refunded)
- If you are required to leave class and are unable to return within a timely manner.
Additional information on the ITS refund policy can be found on the ITS Enrolment Form or the Information Handbook.
- You have the right to complain about the performance of our administration services, trainers or assessors
- You have the right to appeal the assessment decision made by our trainers. Please refer to the ITS appeals policy located in the information handbook.
- You can view our Complaints and Appeals policies by downloading our Information Handbook from this website.
Once you have Enrolled
Your enrolment into this course will be confirmed via email and text message (SMS). You will also receive the contact details of your trainer via email should you require any assistance or support throughout this course. Once your enrolment has been processed by ITS you will receive a 'welcome' email containing instructions on how to complete the theory component of this course. The theory component can either be completed via a download (manual submission) or online via our student portal. Information regarding the Student Portal can be found in the Course Information Handbook.
Required Resources and Book List
ITS will provide you with all the required resources and books on the day of your course. You are welcome to download a free copy of the HLTAID003 Learner Guide or purchase a hard copy for $26.95.
Required Equipment (Student)
It is recommended that you provide the following:
- Working pens and highlighters for use on the course.
- A4 lined workbooks for taking notes (minimum 150 pages)
- An active and working email account
- Photo ID to confirm your identity
Upon Successful Completion of this course
Upon the successful completion of this accredited certificate you will receive a Statement of Attainment and Certificate via email together with a printed wallet sized plastic card that contains your first aid course information and a DRS ABCD Action Plan. This card will be sent to you in the mail upon completion of this course.
ITS has worked with and delivered courses to:
- Advanced Athletes Performance
- Burbank Group of Companies
- Country Fire Authority (CFA)
- Candlebark Primary School
- Canny Builders
- Northern Melbourne Institute of TAFE (NMIT)
- Metropolitan Fire Brigade (MFB)
- Thiess Services Pty Ltd (Ventia)
- Tree House Early Learning Centre (Ascot Vale)
- Futuretek Communications Pty Ltd
- Gisborne Montessori School
- Essendon Keilor College
- St Ignatius College
- Mount Beauty Secondary College
- Ivanhoe Grammar School
- Fit 2 B Australia Pty Ltd
- Advanced Athletes Performance
- Kyneton Community & Learning Centre (RTO)
- Lalor Secondary School
- Monbulk Secondary College
- Macedon Ranges Further Education Centre
- Thornbury Secondary College
- Lyndale College
- Alia College
- Euroa Secondary College
- Oberon High School
- St. Bernards College
- Whitefriars College
- Kambrya College
- Rowville Secondary College
- Riddells Creek Neighborhood House
- Notre Dame College
- Casterton Secondary College
- Ashwood College
- Orimo Women's
- Brunswick College
- Broadford College
- Avila College
This page was last updated on Tuesday 03rd November 2015 @ 04.33pm