Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Latest Update 20th July 2020
In response to the COVID-19 virus and Government recommendations, Intelligent Training Solutions has taken the following precautions to ensure that we remain responsible and adhere to the social distancing recommendations put forward by our Government:
- We are minimising all non-essential interactions with the public and have replaced all non-essential face to face meetings with live video conferences.
- We have placed a restriction on class sizes on all our courses reducing class sizes, ensuring that each participant has the minimum recommended 4m² of space where possible.
- We have equipped our trainers with commercial-grade disinfectant and have established pre and post-class procedures which involve our trainers disinfecting all classrooms, tables, desks, chairs, computer, door handles, tap handles, light switches etc… Any surface that has the potential for human conduct.
- We have also increased our already strict equipment disinfecting procedures. Our staff will now disinfect equipment before and after class regardless if used by a person. We will also make available commercial-grade disinfectant for students to use allowing them the opportunity and peace of mind to disinfect their own equipment prior to use.
- With reduced class sizes, each student will be issued with their own training aids and equipment that may be used on their course eliminating the need to share equipment with fellow students.
- Hand sanitiser is available to all students and staff in every classroom, in our reception areas, tea rooms and staff rooms.
- Wherever possible, our trainers have moved to a non-contact method of training which involves participants to verbally explain and self-demonstrate the required skills of their course.
- Temperature testing is now compulsory for all students and staff across all our courses and training venues. Temperature testing is something that the Department of Education and Training has specifically asked us to do. Although it is currently just for high school students who come to us for vocational training, we have decided to extend this policy to all our students at every training venue throughout Victoria.
All these procedures are in line with our regulatory standards and our commitment to deliver high quality and compliant courses. We understand that the information surrounding COVID-19 is changing daily and that we are currently working in a fluid environment. At this stage, the Australian Government is encouraging business and schools to remain open and to continue supporting the working and business sectors. Until further notice, we will continue to support our students and our community by adhering to the social distancing recommendations.
Specific information for RTOs has been provided by the Department of Education and Training:
- All staff must wear face coverings at, and when travelling to and from, work
- Teachers will not be required to wear face coverings while teaching, but those who wish to do so, can.
- Teachers should wear face coverings in other areas of the building when not teaching (for example, in the staffroom)
- All students who are attending our RTO for their study will need to wear a face-covering
- The includes when travelling to and from training
- A person who has a medical condition – including problems with their breathing, a serious skin condition on the face, a disability or a mental health condition – is not required to wear a face covering.
- Individuals will be expected to supply their own face coverings.
There is a lot of information available about types of face masks and coverings, both from an official health perspective, which you can read here (noting that this information was published before the rule change to make mask-wearing mandatory).
TEMPERATURE CHECKING PROCEDURE – Last Updated 30/07/2020
Temperature testing is now compulsory for all students and staff across all our courses and training venues. Temperature testing is something that the Department of Education and Training has specifically asked us to do. Although it is currently just for high school students who come to us for vocational training, we have decided to extend this policy to all our students at every training venue throughout Victoria. To assist staff and students in understanding the requirements implemented by I.T.S for temperature checking, the following guidelines will be applied:
- Upon arrival at our training venues, all staff and students must have their temperature checked at the front door or reception areas of the building.
- A person’s temperature must be checked using a contact-free infrared thermometer supplied by Intelligent Training Solutions. The temperature reading must be taken by pointing the laser beam on the person’s forehead, avoiding the eyes.
- Each student’s temperature readings must be recorded on the attendance register beside the student’s name or on a register approved by Intelligent Training Solutions.
SAFE TEMPERATURE READINGS
If a student or staff member registers a temperature of between 36.0 to 37.3, the student may be admitted into the building or classroom. Readings that fall below 36.0 are deemed to be false. In these situations, the un-safe temperature readings procedure should be implemented
UN-SAFE TEMPERATURE READINGS PROCEDURE
If the student or staff member registers a temperature reading of 37.4 or higher, the following steps are to be actioned:
- The student or staff member should be instructed to remove any excess items of clothing (jackets, hats, gloves etc…) prior to self-isolating in their own vehicle for a period of 15 minutes.
- Upon the completion of the 15 minutes of self-isolation, the student or staff member should return to have their temperature re-checked.
- If the temperature reading is with the safe range as listed below, the student or staff member may be admitted into the building or classroom.
- If the temperature reading is still above 37.4, the student is to be excluded from class and advised to return home to seek the advice of their local GP.
WHEN IS IT SAFE TO RETURN TO STUDY?
Any student or staff member who has registered a temperature of 37.4 or higher will not be allowed to return to class or work for a period of 14 days (2 weeks) unless approved to do so by a medical professional by way of a written report or letter confirm it is safe to do so.
Any student who is asked to leave a course due to high personal temperature readings will be given a free transfer or credit note for use on another course. NO REFUNDS WILL BE PROVIDED UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES. Please remember, if you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms, please follow the National and State health advice and stay-home.
We will look forward to seeing you when you are fit and well. 🙂
- Department of Health
- Victorian Department of Health and Human Services
- The Department of Education (resources and fact sheets relating to vocational education facilities)
STUDENTS AFFECTED BY COVID-19
In the event that you are experiencing flu-like symptoms on the day of your course, please call our administration office on 03 5415 0204 and we will provide you with a credit note and transfer you to another course without penalty. For those students currently studying with us in a Certificate level qualification, if you are unwell, please call your course coordinator and we will arrange a make-up class for you at a later stage.