Parent Learner Driver Information Session
Our Parent Learner Driver Information session is a non-accredited program targeted at supervising drivers and novice learner drivers.
This course is not designed to replace the professional instruction of a Qualified Car Driving Instructor but rather provide supervising drivers and learner drivers with some practical information about the pathway from L's to P's that will assist in providing a safe learning environment for everybody in the vehicle combined with knwoledge of the requirements involved in the Victorian (Vicroads) Drive Assessment.
Our trainers for this program are all Qualified Driving Instructors who own and operate Driving Schools in Melbourne for over 15 years. The information presented in this program has been tried and tested and been taught to Driving Instructors entering the Driver Training Industry.
During the 2 hour session our participants will learn life saving information that is beneficial to any parent or supervising driver who may be teaching a novice learner to drive safely on our roads.
NOTE: Anybody engaged in professional or paid Car Driving Instruction must hold the TLI41210 Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Road Transport – Car Driving Instruction) qualification together with a current and valid Driving Instructors Authority. Click here to be directed to our Car Driving Instructors Course
The following topics will be covered during this session:
- Brief Overview of the pathway from L's to P's – Global overview of the challengers facing learner drivers as they progress into probationary drivers.
- The Learner Log Book – This topic covers the requirements of the Victorian Learner Log Book and the common mistakes made by Parents or Supervising Drivers and Learners when completing the log book. We will also explain what Vicroads testers are looking for when investigating the log book prior to the drive test.
- The Vicroads Drive Test – This topic covers the Vicroads Drive Test Criteria that both car driving instructors and Vicroads testers must follow, we explain the different stages involved in the drive test and highlight the common mistakes made by learners while being assessed. We will explain the Hazard Perception Test and when Learners should attempt it.
- Teaching Techniques – This topic covers areas such as communication skills (how instruction should be given) and how parents can graduate the learning experience with their children to avoid high stress situations. We will highlight a couple of key areas that parents should concentrate on to help develop safe drivers for life!
- Choosing a Driving Instructor – This topic informs Parents and Learners of the key qualities they should be searching for in a professional car driving instructor.
Overall this will be an informative, practical and entertaining session that both Parents (or Supervising Drivers) and Learners will enjoy. ITS P/L has been teaching Heavy Vehicle and Car Driving Instructors how to do this job for over 15 years.
|2hr Session||$50.00 – Course fee includes the entry of 1 Adult and 1 Learner Driver|
|Additional Learner Drivers||$20.00 per head|
NOTE: Each session will require a minimum of 6 enrolments in order to go ahead.
For a list of all the upcoming course dates for the Parent Learner Driver Information Session please refer to the Event Schedule located in the top blue menu bar.
Intelligent Training Solutions are able to deliver this course at your workplace, training venue or community function center.
This course is also delivered at our two training locations in Preston and Riddells Creek.
Required Resources and Book List
ITS will provide you with all the required resources and books on the day of your course.
How to Enrol
Applicants wishing to enrol into this course can simply click on the Course Enquiry menu items located in the top blue menu bar or complete the ITS Enrolment Form that can be downloaded from the right hand side menu bar. Alternatively you may wish to speak with one of our team during business hours.
As no formal qualification will be issued during this course, there will be no assessment required.
Course Entry Recommendations
This is an open course. We encourage everybody to undertake this course in order to learn the basic skills and knowledge required by supervising drivers and Learner Drivers. Participants should have basic Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills and should be at least 15 years or older.
For just $50 you will learn practical skills and take on important information that your teenager will keep with them for the rest of their lives. Let's not continue to pass on our bad habbits to our children, let's break the cycle and implement good driving practices from the start!
We hope to see you soon, please don't delay your enrolment into this course. It's always better to be safe than sorry.
This page was last updated on Friday 03rd October @ 2.49pm