T&Cs Clause 8 – Applying for a course extension
Applying for a course extension
A student who is nearing the end of their course but who still has an outstanding unit(s) or assessment(s) to complete as part of their course requirements may apply for a standard or non-standard course extension. Standard course extensions are available to any student wishing to extend their course beyond their course end date. In the event of extreme hardship, extenuating circumstances, or a debilitating medical condition, students may be eligible to apply for a non-standard course extension. If approved, a non-standard course extension would extend a student’s course while having the standard fee waived.
Conditions of a course extension application
The following conditions apply to the application for a course extension:
- A Standard or Non-Standard course extension will only be considered if the student’s application is received within 30 days from the student’s course end date.
For example: If a student’s course ends on the 25th of April 2022, the student will have until the 25th of May 2022 to submit an application for an extension.
- A student applying for a Non-Standard course extension must provide evidence of hardship for the review board to consider. Any student who submits a Non-Standard application without sufficient evidence will have their application declined
- A student may extend their course up to 6 months maximum.
- When a student’s course extension application is approved, the course extension period will commence from the student’s last course end date.
For example: If a student’s course ends on the 25th of April 2022 and that student submits/requests a one-month (30 days) course extension on the 30th of April 2022 (five days after their initial course end date), the student’s one-month extension period will be applied from the 25th of April 2022 making the new course end date the 25th of May 2022.
PLEASE NOTE: All extensions are applied from the student’s course end date without exception. Please be careful when leaving your application too late!
- A One-Month Standard Course Extension fee is $135 per month*.
- A Three-Month Standard Course Extension fee is $355 per month*
- A Non-Standard Course Extension, if approved, will have the fees waived.
How do I apply for a Standard or Non-Standard course extension?
Use the following links to apply for either a Standard or Non-Standard course extension:
- To apply for a One-Month (Standard) Course Extension, visit: https://www.its.vic.edu.au/store/one-month-course-extension/
- To apply for a Three-Month (Standard) Course Extension, visit: https://www.its.vic.edu.au/store/three-month-course-extension/
- To apply for a Non-Standard Course Extension, visit: https://www.its.vic.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/FORM-Non-Standard-Course-Extension-Form-2022.1.pdf
*You are not obligated or required to apply for an extension. Course extension fees are subject to change without notice in response to local or global markets, increased operating costs, or due to a change within the course or qualification.