BECOME A LICENCE TESTING OFFICER (LTO) WITH THE TLISS00162 DRIVING INSTRUCTOR SKILL SET
Our next FULL-TIME course will commence on 08th February 2021 ● Our next PART-TIME course will commence on 03rd March 2021 ● Enrolment into our REMOTE AND BLENDED DELIVERY COURSE IS NOW OPEN!
This skill set is considered an add-on to the TLI41218 Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Road Transport – Car Driving Instruction) and the TLI41318 Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Road Transport – Heavy Vehicle Driving Instruction) qualifications and is suitable for those individuals who wish to undertake driver licensing assessments on behalf of their Road Transport Authority.Thank you for taking an interest in our TLISS00162 Driving Instructor Skill Set. Enrolling in our course and joining the driver training and transport industry is incredibly rewarding and is guaranteed to provide you with a career full of interest and diversity.
For those working with passenger vehicles (cars), this skills set is the minimum requirement for those conducting regulator approved vehicle driver assessments that lead to the issuing of a driver’s licence in states such as the ACT and South Australia. In some Australian states such as the ACT, this skill set is required to support the delivery of a competency-based training and assessment scheme, which sees driving instructors such as ADI’s to undertake driver licensing assessments on behalf of their Road Transport Authority.
For those working with heavy vehicle industry, this skill set provides you with the two minimum TAE units required to apply for a heavy vehicle licensing officers ticket, otherwise known as an LTO (Licence Testing Officer) accreditation.
Your ability to make a difference and deliver great education starts with your choice to receive a great education with Intelligent Training Solutions. Our staff are all active participants in the driver training and transport industry.
Our course goes above and beyond the standard criteria as we teach and share with you our experiences of the last 20+ years within the driver training and transport industry. Regardless if you plan to become self-employed, work full-time, part-time, or as a casual employee for a driving school, we will be here to guide you through the process with first-hand knowledge and experience.
Most importantly, long after you have completed your course with us, long after you have started your career, Intelligent Training Solutions will still be here to support and guide you in this industry. An ITS student is a student for life!
UNITS OF COMPETENCY (COURSE SUBJECTS)
Our course includes the following Nationally Accredited Units of Competency:
(This course is part of the Transport and Logistics Training Package)
This skill set is a requirement for anybody working in a state or territory whereby the driver instructor undertakes driver licensing assessment on behalf of the State regulator. To check and see if your state requires you to hold this accreditation as part of your job function, please visit your State Regulators website.
If you live in a State such as Victoria, this skill set is suitable for those wanting to remain ahead of the pack by providing you with a deeper understanding of the driver assessment process. Undertaking this skill set as professional development or as a workplace activity also sets you ahead in the event that your State or regulator move to the South Australian or ACT Driver Assessment format.
COURSE AND EMPLOYMENT PATHWAYS
FOR PASSENGER VEHICLE INSTRUCTORS
If you work in a state or territory such as the ACT or South Australia, completing this skill set you will start your pathway to becoming a licence testing officer (LTO) capable of undertaking driver licensing assessments on behalf of your States Road Authority.*
For those instructors working in a state or territory whereby licence testing is still conducted by the Road Traffic Authority (such as Victoria), this skill set will elevate you ahead of the pack by providing you with skill and knowledge required by LTOs that can be implemented in your daily job function as a driving instructor. This skill set will also count towards the TAE assessor skill set which will allow you to work for a TAFE or RTO.
FOR HEAVY VEHICLE INSTRUCTORS
This skill set is applicable to most heavy vehicle instructor across Australia who, as part of their employment, undertake heavy vehicle licensing assessments. The two TAE units within this skill set are the minimum requirement set out by most of the regulators (example: DPTI in South Australia, Access ACT in the ACT etc…)*
For Victorian instructors, this skill set will also count towards the TAE assessor Skill Set, which may be required by your organisation as part of the LTO program.
*Please check with your State or Territory regulations as not every state participates in the Competency-Based Training and Assessment scheme which sees their instructors undertaking licensing duties on behalf of the regulatory
FURTHER STUDY OPTIONS
Upon completion of this skill set, you will have credits towards the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification. The TAE40116 qualification provides you with the opportunity to specialise in the driver training industry by qualifying you to teach and assess in areas such as corporate driver training, pre-driver education, pre-course TAXI assessments and VicRoads medical or old-age assessments. These are areas of the industry that can only be accessed with a TAE qualification.
NOTE: At this stage, Intelligent Training Solutions does not offer the TAE qualification, however, any TAE unit you complete with us will provide you with a direct credit transfer into the TAE40116 qualification. For more information, please speak with your enrolling officer.
We have three different enrolment options for you when it comes to enrolling into this wonderful skill set. We suggest contacting our office to discuss these options in detail, in the meantime click on the three options below for information on each option.
OUR STUDENT PORTAL – A Quick Glimpse
We have worked tirelessly on our student portal to provide you with an educational pathway that delivers more variety, interactivity and meaningful information using a variety of platforms than any other provider. We have quite literally picked up our full-time course and placed it on our student portal where you can access it at any time and in any place.
Over the years we have created in-house learning materials that include presentations, animations, videos, recorded webinars, live webinars, industry-approved texts, additional support materials and much, much more to ensure that our blended delivery or part-time course delivers you the same learning, qualification, employment outcomes and opportunities when compared to our full-time course. Best of all, we have put in the hard work into our student portal and materials to ensure that your experience on this course is as simple and stress-free as possible for anybody studying a TAE unit of competency.
You will be provided with a clean, easy to use and simple to navigate Portal were the information you need is never more than three clicks away. Our course contains materials for all learning styles (Auditory, Visual, Kinesthetic) yet you will never need to learn how to use different computer programs or platforms as our Portal handles it all.
Our blended delivery course is NOT an online course where you are left to your own devices to become overwhelmed and uninspired to complete the course and gain the qualification. It is NOT just another student portal where endless amounts of text and data have been dumped and left to die along with your chances of becoming a successful driver trainer.
Our portal will provide you with access to everything you require to successfully complete the different sections of the qualification at your convenience. You will regularly have contact with us and access to unparalleled support to fill in any gaps.
Student support is a cornerstone of our organisation. If you are a full time, a part-time or blended student with Intelligent Training Solutions, you will always have access to your course trainers or support officers, both before and after the completion of your course. Whether you wish to engage our services on a daily basis, once a week or in blocks is up to you. We have scheduled student support times as well as an ability to generate a support service at any time via our website. Support for this qualification is available in the following formats and times:
TYPE OF SUPPORT AVAILABLE DAYS AVAILABLE TIMES AVAILABLE PHONE SUPPORT MON, TUE, WED, THU, FRI 8.45am to 4.45pm EMAIL SUPPORT MON, TUE, WED, THU, FRI 8.45am to 4.45pm LIVE VIDEO CHAT MON, TUE, WED, THU, FRI 8.45am to 4.45pm FACE TO FACE MON, TUE, WED, THU, FRI 8.45am to 4.45pm AFTER HOURS MON, TUE, WED, THU, FRI, SAT BY APPOINTMENT
*NOTE: Responses to email support requests will occur during the times stated above, however, responses may be delayed up to 24 hours. If your support enquiry is urgent we recommend calling us.
BEFORE YOU ENROL
Before you enrol in this course, you will be issued with a Product Disclosure Statement (PDS). The information contained within this document expands on the information found on this page or supplied to you over the phone when you enquire. Prior to enrolment, one of our team will walk you through this document highlighting any expectations and providing you with a transparent and clear understanding of your commitment to this course.
HOW TO ENROL INTO THIS COURSE
If you would like to enrol into this course you must complete the enrolment process below. To enrol online simply click the button below of the course you wish to enrol in.
To get a PDF version of the enrolment form, visit the Student Administration section of our website, alternatively, you may wish to speak with one of our team during business hours.
Once you have completed step one, your enrolment officer will submit your enrolment form and any other paperwork to our administration team. Once submitted, the following process will be applied:
- You will receive a confirmation text message (SMS) from us to inform you that we have received your enrolment form. This text message may take between 1 to 12 hours to arrive as this message is only sent once our team have your enrolment form in hand.
- For our blended delivery students, our administration team will call you to arrange your first face-to-face appointment with your trainer. If you are a full-time or part-time student, then your first face-to-face appointment will be day one of your course.
- You will also receive a number of emails from us. These emails may take between 1 to 24 hours to arrive and may include:
- A welcome letter which will contain information and instructions on how to access your course along with your trainer’s contact details and location and time of your scheduled training. Our welcome letters also contain details to your first face-to-face appointment with our trainer together with your student portal login details.
- We will send you a TAX invoice or receipt for your records regardless of your preferred payment option.
- We will send you an email containing information on your USI requirements for this course
- You will then receive a final text message (SMS) informing you that your enrolment has been processed. This final text message will also list the emails we have sent you so that you can be sure that you have received all our correspondence.
This skill set is delivered from the following training venues
SKILL SET ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
There are no listed or identified entry requirements for this Skill Set within the training package or units of competence. An inspection of the units of competency suggests that students wishing to enrol into this skill set should:
- Have reasonable computer skills to be able to work the computer and browse the internet (ONLY REQUIRED FOR BLENDED DELIVERY AND PART-TIME STUDENTS, Full-time students will be assisted by in-class trainers)
- Have LLN (Language, Literacy and Numeracy) skills equivalent to Level 3 or higher of the ACSF, which identifies adult English language, literacy and numeracy language indicators of competence.
NOTE: You will be required to complete an LLN indication assessment prior to your enrolment into this skill set. If you have any concerns about the LLN assessment please speak with us first as we are always happy to help.*
*Students who demonstrate LLN skills that are below a Level 3 can still participate and successfully complete this course, however you will be encouraged to join our full-time or part-time course to ensure that our staff can provide you with the LLN support you may require.
INDUSTRY RECOMMENDED ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
The following criteria have been identified as recommended through industry engagement when undertaking this skill set for the purpose of becoming a License Testing Officer (LTO).
Industry, such as the Road Traffic Authorities, recommend that all participants wishing to become an LTO meet the following criteria:
- Possess a current, full and unrestricted (non-probationary) Australian Car, Heavy, or Motorcycle drivers licence.
- Provide primary acceptable proof of identification
- Provide secondary proof of identification
- Have, or will be in the process of having successfully completed the TLI41218, and/or TLI41318, and/or TLI41418 qualification.
- Meet the medical standards for licensing of commercial vehicle drivers as set out in the publication assessing fitness to drive.
- Complete an informed consent form provided by the local road authority
- Pass a driver history check. Applicants will be checked for serious or frequent traffic offences.
NOTE: Please speak with your enrolment officer if you have any concerns with the recommended industry requirements.
Each unit of competence within this skill set will be assessed. All assessments will be based on the principles of competency-based training (CBT). A successful outcome for this course will be determined by a range of different assessment methods including:
- Assessment or student workbook
- Written assessment
- Observation of simulated and practical activities
- Structured questioning and discussion
- Written or verbal questioning at the completion of each session.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL) | DIRECT CREDIT TRANSFER (MUTUAL RECOGNITION (DCT | MR)
Intelligent Training Solutions will consider any credit or exemptions for previous studies or industry experience you have obtained. This may be through formal or informal training, paid or unpaid work experience. An application for DCT or RPL will be completed via a formal interview process before your enrolment. Further information is available by contacting the ITS Administration Officer.
REQUIRED RESOURCES AND TEXTBOOKS
All learning materials and assessment resources required by this skill set will be provided to you as part of your enrollment into this course. Learning and assessment materials are provided to you in a PDF or Microsoft Word (electronic) format.
If you prefer printed hard copies of our course materials, you are able to purchase a course folder from Intelligent Training Solutions. Course folders are charged at $99 and contain:
- The student learner guides for the units of competence within this Skill Set
- The student assessments and hand out materials for this skill set.
In addition to the above, you will also be required to have the following resources to ensure that you can successfully participate in this course:
- A working computer or laptop with the following programs installed:
- Microsoft Office 365 or higher – (NOTE: Microsoft’s free OPEN Office software is also acceptable)
- The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firebox
- The latest version of Adobe PDF reader – This is a FREE program available for download online.
- Access to a printer
- Access to the internet (ADSL2+ or 3G is recommended as a minimum)
- USB memory stick (minimum of 4 Gig)
- Suitable clothing to participate in assessment activities – NOTE: As driving is involved with this course, suitable clothing including footwear refer to the driving component of this course.
- Working pens and highlighters
- A4 notebook for taking notes.
NOTE: Intelligent Training Solutions do have laptops available for rental if required. Rental charges are $10 per week.
UPON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THIS COURSE
Once you have successfully completed this course you will be issued with a Record of Results and a Certificate of Completion within 30 days of your final successful assessment.
ASSOCIATED WEBSITES AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
The following websites have been provided for your reference only and should assist you when making a decision about your career.
- Access ACT – Access Canberra ACT are the regulators for the Car and Heavy Vehicle Driving Instructor industry in the ACT
- DPTI – Department for Infrastructure and Transport are the regulators for the Car and Heavy Vehicle Driving Instructor industry in South Australia
- CPVV – Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria are the regulators for Passenger Vehicle (Car) Driving Instructors
- Department of Transport – formerly known as VicRoads, this organisation are the regulators for Heavy Vehicle Instructors and LTO’s
TESTIMONIES, REVIEWS AND RATINGS
We strongly recommend checking out the reviews people have left for us on Google as we believe that live reviews and ratings speak volumes compared to the static snippets of favourable reviews most other training providers put on their websites.
Below is a live feed from our Google reviews. Please note as this is an unfiltered feed, the reviews listed below are from students of every course we deliver. If you wish to find a specific review on this course you may need to look through the list. 🙂