Become a Car Driving Instructor in NEW SOUTH WALES with the NEW TLI41218 Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Road Transport – Car Driving Instruction)
OUR NEXT PART-TIME/BLENDED COURSE WILL COMMENCE IN FEBRUARY 2021.
Thank you for taking an interest in our TLI41218 Certificate IV Transport and Logistics (Road Transport – Car Driving Instruction) course. Our team consist of driver training professionals that work within New South Wales and throughout Australia. Our car driving instructor course offers participants an insight into small-business, allowing each student to graduate ahead of the driver training pack.
Upon successful completion, you can commence full-time, part-time or casual work with a driving school or get straight into self-employed work. This nationally accredited course includes the skills and knowledge required to be successful as a Driving Instructor able to seek employment in fields such as Pre-Driver Education, Learn to Drive and Defensive Driver Training.
Your ability to make a difference and deliver great education starts with your choice to receive a great education with Intelligent Training Solutions. Our staff are all active participants in the driver training and transport industry.
Our course goes above and beyond the standard Certificate IV criteria as we teach and share with you our experiences of the last 20+years within the driver training and transport industry. Regardless if you plan to become self-employed, work full-time, part-time, or as a casual employee for a driving school, we will be here to guide you through the process with first-hand knowledge and experience.
Most importantly, long after you have completed your course with us, long after you have started your career, Intelligent Training Solutions will still be here to support and guide you in this industry. An ITS student is a student for life!
UNITS OF COMPETENCY (COURSE SUBJECTS)
Our course includes the following Nationally Accredited Units of Competence:
(This course is from the TLI Transport and Logistics Training Package – www.training.gov.au)
The TLI41218 qualification is required by anybody wishing to apply for a driving instructors licence with the RMS NSW (Roads & Maritime Services). This course has been developed to provide you with the information, training and skills you will require to become a professional driving instructor allowing you to start work immediately, turning you into a valuable asset to any driving school or driver training business.*
*IMPORTANT NOTE: Intelligent Training Solutions will train you to the requirements of the TLI41218 qualification. The TLI41218 is the ONLY nationally recognised compulsory benchmark in and throughout Australia.
In addition to this qualification, New South Wales applicants are required to meet the RMS regulatory requirements. To do this you will be required to, as specified on the NSW RMS website, complete the requirements stated on RMS.NSW.GOV.AU. Please click the link below to view the NSW RMS requirements.
During your training, Intelligent Training Solutions will cover all of the relevant information relating to the TLI41218 qualification. It is important to note that NSW applicants are required to complete a few steps prior to enrolling into this qualification. These steps are in addition and a separate to the TLI41218 qualification.
PRIOR TO ENROLLING
Prior to enrolling into this qualification it is recommended by RMS NSW the ensure the following:
- You’re at least 21 years old
- You have a full driver licence (not learner, provisional, probationary, or restricted) of the relevant class for at least three years during the four-year period to your application for an instructor’s licence
- You’ve been authorised by Roads and Maritime Services to undertake an approved course in driving instruction, and have passed –
NOTE: THIS RECOMMENDATION IS MADE BY NSW RMS AND IS NOT A REQUIREMENT FOR ENROLMENT INTO THIS QUALIFICATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE AUSTRALIAN SKILLS QUALITY AUTHORITY (ASQA) and the AUSTRALIAN QUALITY TRAINING FRAMEWORK (AQTF)
- You’ve been provided with a Working with Childrens check number for employment purposes. A Working with Children check for volunteer purposes will not be accepted.
COURSE AND EMPLOYMENT PATHWAYS
By completing this course you will start your pathway to becoming a fully qualified driving instructor. Once qualified, you will have the choice of starting your new career as a full time, part time or casual employee of a driving school or as an independent driving instructor working for oneself.
FURTHER STUDY OPTIONS
During your time on this course, you will also gain the opportunity to enrol and complete the TLI41318 Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Road Transport – Heavy Vehicle Driving Instructor) course. The TLI41318 qualification provides you with the opportunity to train students to drive heavy vehicles* In some cases, you may also be required to hold the TAE40116 qualification before starting as a heavy vehicle trainer.
*To enrol into the TLI41318 qualification and teach in the heavy vehicle field you will need to hold a heavy vehicle licence and have relevant experience driving a heavy vehicle. The classification or size of the heavy vehicle you can teach in after this qualification will depend on the heavy vehicle classification you hold.
We have two different enrolment options when it comes to enrolling into this qualification. We suggest contacting our office to discuss these options in detail, in the meantime click on either of the two options below for technical information.
OUR STUDENT PORTAL – (A QUICK GLIMPSE)
We have worked tirelessly on our student portal to provide you with an educational pathway that delivers more variety, interactivity and meaningful information using a variety of platforms than any other provider. We have quite literally picked up our full-time course and placed it on our student portal where you can access it at any time and in any place.
Over the years we have created in-house learning materials that include presentations, animations, videos, recorded webinars, live webinars, industry approved texts, additional support materials and much, much more to ensure that our blended delivery course delivers you the same learning, qualification, employment outcomes and opportunities when compared to our full-time course. Best of all, we have put the hard work into our Portal and materials to ensure that your experience on this course is simple and stress-free. You will be provided with a clean, easy to use and simple to navigate Portal were the information you need is never more than three (3) clicks away. Our course contains materials for all learning styles (Auditory, Visual, Kinesthetic) yet you will never need to learn how to use different computer programs or platforms as our Portal handles it all.
Our blended delivery course is NOT an online course where you are left to your own devices to become overwhelmed and uninspired to complete the course and gain the qualification. It is NOT just another student portal where endless amounts of text and data have been dumped and left to die along with your chances of becoming a successful driver trainer.
Our portal will provide you with access to everything you require to successfully complete the different sections of the qualification at your convenience. You will regularly have contact with us and access to unparalleled support to fill in any gaps.
Student support is a corner stone of our organisation. Regardless if you are a full-time, part-time or blended delivery student, you will always have access to your trainers and support liaison officers. Whether you wish to engage our services on a daily basis, once a week or in blocks is up to you.
We have fixed student support times as well as an ability to generate a support service at any time by appointment. Support for this qualification is available in the following formats and times:
- Phone Support available 6 days a week, 9.30am to 6.00pm (Monday to Thursday), 9.30 to 5.00pm (Friday), 8.30am to 12.00pm (Saturday)
- Email Support available 6 days a week, 9.30am to 6.00pm (Monday to Thursday), 9.30 to 5.00pm (Friday), 8.30am to 12.00pm (Saturday)
- Live Online Video Support (Webinar or Zoom Meeting), available on request six days a week.
- Face to Face Support, available on the day of your practical sessions, Friday and Saturday morning’s by appointment.
BEFORE YOU ENROL
Before you enrol in this course, you will be required to meet with one of our trainers face to face or with our training manager via video conference. During this meeting you will be issued with a Product Disclosure Statement (PDS). The information contained in this document is the same information found on this webpage or supplied to you over the phone when you first enquire with us. Prior to accepting your enrolment, one of our team will walk you through this document highlighting any expectations we will have from you. This document will also provide you with a clear understanding of your required commitment to this course.
NEW SOUTH WALES COURSE FEES
HOW TO ENROL INTO THIS COURSE
If you would like to enrol into the highly rewarding course you must complete the enrolment process below. Course dates together with the online enrolment form can be found further down this page.
- You will receive a confirmation text message (SMS) from us to inform you that we have received your enrolment form. This text message may take between 1 to 12 hours to arrive as this message is only sent once our team have your enrolment form in hand.
- For our blended delivery students, our administration team will call you to arrange your first face to face appointment with your trainer. If you are a part-time or full-time student, your face to face appointment will fall on day one of your course.
- You will receive a number of emails from us. These are all important emails and must be read carefully. (These emails may take between 1 to 24 hours to arrive from the confirmation SMS) These emails may include:
- A welcome letter which will contain information and instructions on how to access your course along with your trainer’s contact details and location and time of your scheduled training. Our welcome letters also contain details about your first face to face appointment as well as student portal login credentials.
- We will send you a TAX invoice or receipt for your records regardless of your preferred payment option.
- We will send you an email containing information on your USI requirements for nationally accredited courses
- You will then receive a final text message (SMS) informing you that your enrolment has been processed. This final text message will also list the different emails we have sent you so that you can cross-check your email inbox to ensure you have received all our correspondence.
To enrol, simply click on the ‘Enrol Now’ button below that is next to your course preference
This course will be delivered in one of our training rooms located in the Parramatta area. Please contact our training manager, Mr. Cameron Gutterson, for additional information. Cameron can be contacted by calling our office during business hours.
COURSE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
In order to successfully participate in this course you will be required to meet the following requirements:
- Possess a current, full and unrestricted drivers licence
- Fulfill all of the relevant state or territory regulatory requirements. (Refer to the NSW RMS website for further information)
Please Note: You will be required to complete an LLN indication assessment prior to your enrolment being accepted into this course. If you have any concerns about the LLN assessment please speak with us first as we are always happy to help.
COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
It is recommended that you poses the following personal skills prior to enrolling into the course:
- Have reasonable computer skills to be able to work the computer and browse the internet (ONLY REQUIRED FOR BLENDED DELIVERY AND PART-TIME STUDENTS, Full-time students will be assisted by in-class trainers)
- Have the ability to competently drive a manual vehicle without assistance (REQUIREMENT OF DPTI)
- Have LLN (Language, Literacy and Numeracy) skills equivalent to Level 3 or higher of the ACSF**
NOTE: Students who demonstrate LLN skills that are below a level 3 can still participate and successfully complete this course, however you will be encouraged to join our full-time or part-time course to ensure that our staff can provide you with the LLN support you may require.
Each unit of competence (subject) will be assessed. All assessments will be based on the principles of CBT&A (Competency-Based Training and Assessment). A successful outcome for this course will be determined by a range of different methods including:
- Assessment or student workbook
- Written assessment
- Observation of simulated and practical activities
- Structured questioning and discussion
- Written or verbal questioning at the completion of each session.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL) | DIRECT CREDIT TRANSFER (DCT | MR)
Intelligent Training Solutions will consider any credit or exemptions for previous studies or industry experience you have obtained. This may be through formal or informal training, paid or unpaid work experience. An application for DCT or RPL will be completed via a formal interview process prior to your enrolment. Further information is available by contacting our administration office and speaking with our training manager.
RESOURCES AND TEXTBOOKS
The Intelligent Training Solutions student portal contains a full range of training materials, in-house webinars and videos including reference books available for download. In addition, upon enrolment you will be issued with course folder containing your assessment and course instructions. This folder will be used in conjunction with the student portal to successfully complete this course.
OTHER TEXT BOOKS
You may choose to purchase the text books listed below.
PLEASE NOTE: Where possible, Intelligent Training Solutions will supply you with electronic PDF copies of these text books FREE of charge.
** THIS SECTION WILL BE UPDATED SHORTLY – 24/11/2020 **
* Prices for the above publications may change without notice.
The following is a list of the recommended minimum requirements each applicant should have during the course:
- Working pens and highlighters
- A4 lined workbooks for taking notes (minimum 150 pages)
- 1 x 2D ring folder, 1 x presentation folder (minimum 80 pages), 10 x plastic folder inserts (sheet protectors)
- An active and working email account
- Laptop computer (not required but useful) with the following programs installed:
- Microsoft Word 2007 or higher (or equivalent)
- Google Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer (or equivalent)
- Adobe PDF Reader (Free to Download)
- Access to the Internet (Free internet access is available at the enrolling RTO)
- You will have full access, FREE of charge, to a laptop computer and internet access while you study in class at ITS.
- You have the option of renting a laptop computer (no internet access provided by ITS) from us to take home for only $20.00 per/week. Ask us how!
- USB memory stick (minimum 1Gig). Please note that CD’s and DVD’s will not work on the RTO computers.
- Working digital camera (mobile phones can be used)
- UV approved sunglasses, Sunscreen 30+ minimum, Sun hat and suitable shoes for driving. No thongs or bare feet will be allowed in our vehicles
- Video recording device (Video Camera, Mobile Phone etc…)
Outside of scheduled class times, you will be required to access the internet, your emails and if support is required, Skype. It is recommended that you have access to a working computer at home that allows a connection to the internet.
UPON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THIS COURSE
Once you have successfully completed this course you will be issued with a Record of Results and a Certificate of Completion within 30 days of your final successful assessment or payment, whichever occurs last.
NOTE: Unless a PayRight payment arrangement has been entered into, Intelligent Training Solutions will not issue Certificates to any student who has outstanding work to complete or outstanding invoices.
ASSOCIATED WEBSITES AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
The following websites have been provided to you for your reference only and should assist you when making a decision about your career.
- Frank’s Engineering Pty Ltd – Website Established in 1986, Frank’s Engineering is a major provider of dual controls and driving school equipment in AUSTRALIA. Unfortunately Frank’s Engineering is located in Victoria. Driving instructors around Australian send their vehicles to Frank’s engineering.
- Tranznet. Known by its members as the Trainers and Assessors Network from Australia and New Zealand, Tranznet is a non-profit organisation formed to allow training, assessing and consultancy professionals to communicate, meet and exchange views affecting the workforce in the Transport and Logistics industries. Tranznet supports its members and promotes high professional standards. Member benefits include heavily discounted public liability insurance and professional indemnity insurance.
- NSW Roads and Maritime Services – NSW RMS is the regulating body responsible for driving instructors and driving instructor licences within New South Wales.
TESTIMONIES, REVIEWS AND RATINGS
To view reviews and testimonies on our course, our service, or our training organisation, please check out the ratings and reviews people have left us on Google and Facebook. Below are only a few examples of testimonies we have received in the last 6 months.
MEDIA, VIDEOS AND NEWS