Road Smart Submission Form
Welcome to the Intelligent Training Solutions document submission page for the VicRoads Road Smart Program. Please read the information below carefully. At the bottom of this information you will find a submission form which will allow you to upload your documents. Your information will be sent straight to our administration office. You can contact our office on 03 5415 0204 if any questions you have.
Attention Road Smart REGISTERED Instructors!!!
If you are registered as an off-road or on-road instructor for the Road Smart program, you will not be required to submit ALL the documentation listed on this page. Read our submission form carefully as it will let you know what you do need to submit, and what information can be obmitted.
To become an approved VicRoads Road Smart Instructor you will need to submit the following documents to Intelligent Training Solutions:
- A current and valid Employee Working with Children’s Check
- A current and valid National Police Records Check
- A current Complete Driver History Report
- A clear copy of your current Australian Drivers Licence
- A signed copy of the Road Smart Consent form
- A signed copy of the Road Smart Confidentiality Agreement
- A copy of your current DIA
- A copy of your current Professional Indemnity Insurance ($2m)*
- A copy of your current Professional Liability Insurance ($10m)*
- Your vehicles registration number
- A Certificate of Currency (COC) for your vehicle insurance
*Any instructor who does not hold current PL and PI insurance can still work with Intelligent Training Solutions on the Road Smart Program. Please note that rate of pay will vary for any instructor who does not hold their own PL and PI insurance.
1) Working with Children’s Check
How to apply: If you do not have a current working with WWC you will need to complete the online application form found at http://www.workingwithchildren.vic.gov.au/home/applications/apply+for+a+check/. Follow the instructions on this webpage.
NOTE: When you get to the section on the form asking about an Employer, you will need to nominate Intelligent Training Solutions as one of your employers.
2) National Police Records Check
Also known as a National Police Certificate. Information about an individual’s criminal history will not be released without an applicant’s written consent. The application form is available to download from the following link:
- Victorian Police – (Processing time: 20 days) – http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content.asp?Document_ID=274
- Checked.com.au – (Processing time: 15 minutes) – https://www.checked.com.au/app/checks/police_checks/individual/start_check
Instructions for submission and payment can be found within the application.
3) Complete Driver History Report
The ‘Complete Driver History Report’ can be purchased from the VicRoads website at the following link: https://billing.vicroads.vic.gov.au/driverhistory/
You will need to purchase the $18.50 – Complete Driver History Report
4) Australian Drivers Licence
Please ensure that you upload a clear copy of your current Australian Drivers Licence to this page.
5) Road Smart Consent Form
To download the Road Smart consent form click the link below. Once you have downloaded this form, please sign it and re-upload the form to this page.
Download: Appendix 6 Consent Form (Road Smart)
6) Road Smart Confidentiality Agreement
To download the Road Smart confidentiality agreement click the link below. Once you have downloaded this form, please sign it and re-upload the form to this page.
Download: Appendix 7 Confidentiality Agreement (Road Smart)
7) Driving Instructors Authority (DIA)
Please ensure that you upload a clear copy of your current DIA to this page.
8 and 9) PL and PI Insurance
Please ensure that you upload a copy of your PL and PI insurances to this page. Any instructor who does not hold current PL and PI insurance can still work with Intelligent Training Solutions on the Road Smart Program. Please note that rate of pay will vary for any instructor who does not hold their own PL and PI insurance.
10) Vehicle Registration and Vehicle Requirements
Please ensure that you list your intended vehicles registration number on the form below. Your training vehicle must meet the following vehicle requirements as stated by VicRoads:
- Automatic transmission only
- Five (5) star ANCAP rating
- Minimum of four doors
- Fitted with dual controls
- Complaint with current Victorian roadworthy requirements
- Equipped with an appropriate first aid kit and a high visibility vest – NOTE: High visibility vest will be supplied by ITS
- Vehicle is maintained to manufacturer’s recommended service requirements
- Well presented and in excellent body condition (no dents, broken lights or broken mirrors etc.)
- Clean, tidy and uncluttered with no loose objects inside or out
- Fresh smelling vehicle (no odours such as cigarette smoke, alcohol, food, pets etc.)
11) Vehicle Insurnace
Your insurance company will send you a Certificate of Currency (COC) as evidence of your vehicles insurance coverage. VicRoads has stated that all vehicles must be comprehensively insured and that your insurance covers learner drivers. You can choose to upload your full insurance notice or just a Certificate of Currency as long as it states that your vehicle is fully insured and covers learner drivers.