Become a Car Driving Instructor with the TLI41218 Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Road Transport – Car Driving Instruction)
Our next FULL-TIME course will commence on MONDAY 14th October 2019 ● Our next PART-TIME course will commence on WEDNESDAY 16th September 2019 ● Enrolment into our BLENDED DELIVERY course are NOW OPEN in 2019!
Thank you for taking an interest in our Certificate IV Car Driving Instruction course and transport industry. Enrolling in our course and joining the driver training and transport industry is incredibly rewarding and is guaranteed to provide you with a career full of interest and diversity. The services a driver trainer provides is a huge benefit to the communities they work within, making our roads a safer place one driver at a time. Right now across Australia, our former students are making a difference in the lives of thousands.
Your ability to make a difference and deliver great education starts with your choice to receive a great education with Intelligent Training Solutions. Our staff are all active participants in the driver training and transport industry. Intelligent Training Solutions provides insights and opportunities unavailable anywhere else due to many important industry events we participate in such as:
- Trialling and developing the Certificate IV qualification for the industry regulators
- Supplying staff for the VicRoads GLS licence trials
- In the driver seat (A truly unique vision-impaired driving experience)
- We are the only course provider that is an approved VicRoads Road Smart off-road provider
- We are the co-administrators of the largest private Facebook group for driving instructors in Australia and many, many more…
Our course goes above and beyond the standard Certificate IV criteria as we teach and share with you our experiences of the last 20+ years within the driver training and transport industry. Regardless if you plan to become self-employed, work full-time, part-time, or as a casual employee for a driving school, we will be here to guide you through the process with first-hand knowledge and experience.
Most importantly, long after you have completed your course with us, long after you have started your career, Intelligent Training Solutions will still be here to support and guide you in this industry. An ITS student is a student for life!
UNITS OF COMPETENCY (COURSE SUBJECTS)
Our course includes the following Nationally Accredited Units of Competence:
(This course is part of the Transport and Logistics Training Package)
This qualification is the pre-requisite for the Driver Instructors Authority (DIA) issued by Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria. Our course has been designed and developed to provide you with the information, training and skills you will require to become a qualified professional car driving instructor turning you into a valuable asset to any driving school or driver training business.
COURSE AND EMPLOYMENT PATHWAYS
By completing this course you will start your pathway to becoming a fully qualified driving instructor. Once qualified you will have the choice of starting your new career as a full time, part time or casual employee of a driving school or as an independent driving instructor working for oneself.
FURTHER STUDY OPTIONS
During your time on this course you will also gain the opportunity to enrol and complete the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification. The TAE40116 qualification provides you with the opportunity to specialise in the driver training industry by qualifying you to teach and assess in areas such as corporate driver training, pre-driver education, pre-course TAXI assessments and VicRoads medical or old-age assessments. These are areas of the industry that can only be accessed with a TAE qualification.
We have three different enrolment options for you when it comes to enrolling into this wonderful qualification. We suggest contacting our office to discuss these options in detail, in the meantime click on the three options below for information on each option.
OUR STUDENT PORTAL – A Quick Glimpse
We have worked tirelessly on our student portal to provide you with an educational pathway that delivers more variety, interactivity and meaningful information using a variety of platforms than any other provider. We have quite literally picked up our full-time course and placed it on our student portal where you can access it at any time and in any place.
Over the years we have created in-house learning materials that include presentations, animations, videos, recorded webinars, live webinars, industry approved texts, additional support materials and much, much more to ensure that our blended delivery or part-time course delivers you the same learning, qualification, employment outcomes and opportunities when compared to our full-time course. Best of all, we have put in the hard work into our student portal and materials to ensure that your experience on this course is as simple and stress free as possible for anybody studying a Certificate IV qualification.
You will be provided with a clean, easy to use and simple to navigate Portal were the information you need is never more than three clicks away. Our course contains materials for all learning styles (Auditory, Visual, Kinesthetic) yet you will never need to learn how to use different computer programs or platforms as our Portal handles it all.
Our blended delivery course is NOT an online course where you are left to your own devices to become overwhelmed and uninspired to complete the course and gain the qualification. It is NOT just another student portal where endless amounts of text and data have been dumped and left to die along with your chances of becoming a successful driver trainer.
Our portal will provide you with access to everything you require to successfully complete the different sections of the qualification at your convenience. You will regularly have contact with us and access to unparalleled support to fill in any gaps.
Student support is a corner stone of our organisation. Regardless if you are a full time, part-time or blended delivery student, you will always have access to your trainers and course support liaison officers. Whether you wish to engage our support and training services on a daily basis, once a week or in blocks, it is up to you.
We have fixed student support times as well as an ability to generate a support service at any time by appointment. Support for this qualification is available in the following formats and times:
- Phone support is available six days a week, 8.30am to 5.00pm (Monday to Friday), 8.30am to 12.30pm (Saturday)
- Email support is available six days a week, 8.30am to 5.00pm (Monday to Friday), 8.30am to 12.30pm (Saturday)*
- Live Online Video Support (Webinar or Zoom Meeting), available on request six days a week
- Face to Face Support is available on the day of your practical sessions as well as every Friday and Saturday.
*NOTE: Responses to email support requests will occur during the times stated above, however responses may be delayed by up to 24 hours at times. If your support enquiry is urgent we recommend calling us.
BEFORE YOU ENROL
Before you enrol in this course, you will be issued with a Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) | enrolment terms and conditions. The information contained in this document is the same information found on this page or supplied to you over the phone when you enquire. Prior to enrolment, our training manager will walk you through this document highlighting any expectations and providing you with a transparent and clear understanding of your commitment to this course.
VICTORIAN COURSE FEES FOR 2019
HOW TO ENROL INTO THIS COURSE
If you would like to enrol into this course you must complete the enrolment process below. To enrol online simply click the button below of the course you wish to enrol in.
To get a PDF version of the enrolment form, visit the Student Administration section of our website, alternatively you may wish to speak with one of our team during business hours.
Once you have completed step one, your enrolment officer will submit your enrolment forms to our office. Once received, the following process will be applied:
- You will receive a confirmation text message (SMS) from us to inform you that we have received your enrolment form. This text message may take between 1 to 12 hours to arrive as this message is only sent once our team have your enrolment form in hand.
- For our blended delivery students, our administration team will call you to arrange your first face-to-face appointment with your trainer. If you are a full-time student your first face-to-face appointment will be day one of your course.
- You will receive a number of emails from us. These emails may take between 1 to 24 hours to arrive and may include:
- Welcome letter which will contain information and instructions on how to access your course along with your trainer’s contact details and location and time of your scheduled training. Our welcome letters also contain details to your first face-to-face appointment with our trainer together with your student portal login details.
- We will send you a TAX invoice or receipt for your records regardless of your perferred payment option.
- We will send you an email containing information on your USI requirements for this course
- You will then receive a final text message (SMS) informing you that your enrolment has been processed. This final text message will also list the emails we have sent you so that you can be sure that you have received all our correspondence.
This course will be delivered from our Preston and Attwood (near Tullamarine) training rooms located in Victoria with a training venue in Reservoir expected to come online last this year.
This course can also be delivered on-site at a number of different venues if required for group or corporate bookings. Please contact our training manager Mr. Cameron Gutterson for additional information. Cameron can be contacted by calling our office during business hours.
COURSE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
In order to successfully participate in this course you will be required to meet the following requirements:
- Possess a current, full and unrestricted drivers licence
- Fulfill all of the relevant State or Territory regulatory requirements. (Refer to the CPVV website for further information)
COURSE ENTRY RECOMMENDATIONS
It is recommended that you poses the following personal skills prior to enrolling into the course:
- Have reasonable computer skills to be able to work the computer and browse the internet (ONLY REQUIRED FOR BLENDED DELIVERY AND PART-TIME STUDENTS, Full-time students will be assisted by in-class trainers)
- Have LLN (Language, Literacy and Numeracy) skills equivalent to Level 3 or higher of the ACSF*
NOTE: You will be required to complete an LLN indication assessment prior to your enrolment into this course. If you have any concerns about the LLN assessment please speak with us first as we are always happy to help.
*Students who demonstrate LLN skills that are below a Level 3 can still participate and successfully complete this course, however you will be encouraged to join our full-time or part-time course to ensure that our staff can provide you with the LLN support you may require.
Each unit of competence will be assessed. All assessments will be based on the principles of competency-based training (CBT). A successful outcome for this course will be determined by a range of different assessment methods including:
- Assessment or student workbook
- Written assessment
- Observation of simulated and practical activities
- Structured questioning and discussion
- Written or verbal questioning at the completion of each session.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL) | DIRECT CREDIT TRANSFER (MUTUAL RECOGNITION (DCT | MR)
Intelligent Training Solutions will consider any credit or exemptions for previous studies or industry experience you have obtained. This may be through formal or informal training, paid or unpaid work experience. An application for DCT or RPL will be completed via a formal interview process before your enrolment. Further information is available by contacting the ITS Administration Officer.
RESOURCES AND TEXTBOOKS
The following is a list of the textbooks used in our course. You will be provided with electronic copies (PDF) of the following books:
|Code||Title of Book||Approximate Price|
|TLIC3036||Apply safe car driving behaviours||Free of Charge|
|TLIM4001||Develop safe car driving behaviours in others||Free of Charge|
You may choose to purchase the text books listed below. PLEASE NOTE: ITS will supply you with electronic copies (PDF) of these text books FREE of Charge.
|Author||Title of Book||Approximate Price|
|Information Victoria Bookshop||Road Safety Road Rules 2009||$41.30*|
|Information Victoria Bookshop||Road Safety Road Rules Amendment Rules 2013||$3.90*|
|Information Victoria Bookshop||Road Safety (Driving Instructor) Regulations 2010||$3.90*|
|Vicroads Bookshop||Vicroads: Road to Solo Driving||$15.80*|
|Vicroads Bookshop||Vicroads: Drive Test Criteria NOTE: This book can only be purchased or downloaded from Vicroads||$6.50*|
* Prices for the above publications may change without notice.
The following is a list of the recommended minimum requirements each applicant should have during the course:
- Working pens and highlighters
- A4 lined workbooks for taking notes (minimum 150 pages)
- 1 x 2D ring folder, 1 x presentation folder (minimum 80 pages), 10 x plastic folder inserts (sheet protectors)
- An active and working email account
- Laptop computer (not required but useful) with the following programs installed:
- Microsoft Word 2007 or higher (or equivalent)
- Google Crome, Firefox or Internet Explorer (or equivalent)
- Adobe PDF Reader (Free to Download)
- Access to the Internet (Free internet access is available at the enrolling RTO)
- You will have full access, FREE of charge, to a laptop computer and internet access while you study in class at ITS.
- You have the option of renting a laptop computer (no internet access provided by ITS) from us to take home for only $20.00 per/week. Ask us how!
- USB memory stick (minimum gig). Please note that CD’s and DVD’s will not work on the RTO computers.
- Working digital camera (mobile phones can be used)
- UV approved sun glasses, Sunscreen 30+ minimum, Sun hat and suitable shoes for driving. No thongs or bear feet will be allowed in our vehicles
- Video recording device (Video Camera, Mobile Phone etc…)
Outside of scheduled class times you will be required to access the internet, your emails and if support is required, Skype. It is recommended that you have access to a working computer at home that allows a connection to the internet.
UPON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THIS COURSE
Once you have successfully completed this course you will be issued with a Record of Results and a Certificate of Completion within 30 days of your final successful assessment.
ASSOCIATED WEBSITES AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
The following website have been provided for your reference only and should assist you when making a decision about your career.
- Frank’s Engineering Pty Ltd – Website Established in 1986, Frank’s Engineering is a major provider of Dual Controls and Driving School Equipment in Australia.
- Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria – Professional driving instructors in Victoria must hold a DIA when teaching an unlicensed person to drive a motor vehicle. The CPVV website contains DIA licencing regulations and applicant criteria…
- Information Victoria Bookshop The Information Victoria Bookshop is one of the main resources used by Driving Instructors to obtain copies of road-related text books and student handout materials.
TESTIMONIES, REVIEWS AND RATINGS
To view reviews and testimonies on our course, our service, or our training organisation, please check out the ratings and reviews people have left us on Google and Facebook. Below are only a few examples of testimonies we have received in the last 6 months.
MEDIA, VIDEOS AND NEWS