Intelligent Training Solution is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO No. 22570). Enrolling with us means you will study with a Nationally Accredited Training Provider and not a third-party provider or a ‘Partner of an RTO’. Find out why this is important!
BECOME A CAR DRIVING INSTRUCTOR IN VICTORIA WITH THE TLI41221 CERTIFICATE IV IN TRANSPORT & LOGISTICS (ROAD TRANSPORT – CAR DRIVING INSTRUCTION) COURSE
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A TRAINER FOR THIS COURSE?
Intelligent Training Solutions is searching for a talented and passionate person who is interested in making a genuine and rewarding contribution as a trainer and assessor. If you want to learn more about becoming a trainer for this course, please get in touch.
BLENDED: ENROL ANYTIME
THE NEXT COURSE STARTS
ONLINE & FACE-TO-FACE (BLENDED)
7 WEEKS FULL-TIME
16 WEEKS PART-TIME
MAXIMUM 6 MONTHS BLENDED
STUDENT TIME INVESTMENT
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Thank you for taking an interest in our TLI41221 Certificate IV Transport & Logistics (Road Transport – Car Driving Instruction) course and in the transport & logistics industry. Enrolling in our course and joining the driver training industry is incredibly rewarding and guaranteed to provide you with a career full of interest and diversity. The services a driver trainer provides to the public and corporate world greatly benefit the communities they work within, making our roads a safer place one driver at a time. Right now, across Australia, our former students are making a difference in the lives of thousands.
Your ability to make a difference and deliver great education starts with your choice to receive a great education with Intelligent Training Solutions. Our team consists of driver trainers throughout Victoria that are all active participants in the driver training and transport industry. Our classroom and support trainers are industry experts that work throughout the various states supporting driver trainers and trainee instructors such as you.
As an added bonus, Intelligent Training Solutions provides its students with the insights and opportunities unavailable anywhere else due to the many important industry events we participate in or host such as:
- Trialling and developing the Certificate IV qualification for the industry regulators
- VicRoads GLS licence trials
- In the driver seat (A truly unique vision-impaired driving experience)
- We are the only course provider that is an approved VicRoads Road Smart off-road provider.
- We are co-administrators of the largest private Facebook group for driving instructors in Australia and many more…
We are proud to boast that our course goes above and beyond the standard Certificate IV criteria as we share our experiences of the last 20+ years within the driver training industry. Regardless if your plan to become self-employed, work as a full-time or part-time trainer, or as a casual employee for a driving school, we will be here to guide you through the process with first-hand knowledge and experience.
Most importantly, long after you have completed your course with us and started your new career, Intelligent Training Solutions will still be here to support and guide you in this industry. An Intelligent Training Solutions student is a student for life. Just ask our last 20 years of students!
ENROL IN THIS INSTRUCTOR COURSE
TLI41221 ENROLMENT DATES - VICTORIA - TERM 4, 2022
Our 2023 dates have not yet been uploaded to our website. Please call 03 5415 0204 for more information.
Our 2023 dates have not yet been uploaded to our website. Please call 03 5415 0204 for more information.
Our 2023 dates have not yet been uploaded to our website. Please call 03 5415 0204 for more information.
SPECIFIC COURSE INFORMATION
For more information and detail on this course and on how Intelligent Training Solutions intends to deliver this course to you, please click on any heading below to expand the content.
UNITS OF COMPETENCE (SUBJECTS) & COURSE OUTLINE
The following units of competence (subjects) make up the TLI41221 Certificate IV in Transport & Logistics (Road Transport – Car Driving Instruction):
|UNIT CODE||UNIT TITLE||NOMINAL HOURS|
|TLIL2060||COMPLETE INDUCTION TO THE TRANSPORT INDUSTRY||5 HOURS|
|TLIC1051||OPERATE A COMMERCIAL VEHICLE||30 HOURS|
||APPLY SAFE CAR DRIVING BEHAVIOURS
||FOLLOW WORK HEALTH AND SAFETY PROCEDURES
||WORK IN A SOCIALLY DIVERSE ENVIRONMENT
||APPLY CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
||MAINTAIN BUSINESS RECORDS
||MANAGE PERSONAL WORK PRIORITIES AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
||CONDUCT LEARNER DRIVER TRAINING
||DEVELOP SAFE CAR DRIVING BEHAVIOURS IN OTHERS
||PROVIDE WORK SKILL INSTRUCTION
||DESIGN AND DEVELOP LEARNING PROGRAMS
You can view the topics and information to be taught in each subject by clicking one of the unit codes listed in the table above. This link will take you to training.gov.au, a website controlled by the Australian Government that contains the criteria for each Nationally Accredited Course. We also encourage you to speak with our program coordinator regarding any subject listed in the table above. Our friendly staff will be more than happy to walk you through and explain the requirements of each subject.
This course is part of the Transport and Logistics Training Package. This qualification is the prerequisite for the Driver Instructors Authority (DIA) issued by Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria. Our course has been designed and developed to provide you with the information, training and skills you will require to become a qualified, professional car driving instructor turning you into a valuable asset to any driving school or driver training business.
ENROLMENT OPTIONS - DELIVERY FORMATS
Intelligent Training Solutions is the only known provider to offer you this TLI41221 Certificate IV in Transport & Logistics (Road Transport – Car Driving Instruction) course in three different delivery formats.
- Our full-time course is delivered over 7 weeks, Monday to Friday – 9.00 am to 4.00 pm.
- Our part-time course is delivered two nights a week – 6.30 pm to 9.30 pm and every Saturday for 16 weeks.
- Our blended delivery course has been designed for flexible delivery. Practical face-to-face sessions are conducted Monday through Saturday between the hours of 8.00 am and 5.00 pm on a pre-arranged schedule negotiated between yourself and our trainers. The theory components of this course are delivered via live webinars (scheduled), recorded webinars, recorded video content and interactive presentations. Students enrolling in a blended delivery course will have a maximum of 6 months to complete their course.
PRE-REQUISITES & COURSE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
PRE-REQUISITES (ACADEMIC & COURSE)
It is recommended that you have the following items with you during the course:
- Working pen and highlighters for use on the course.
- An active and working email account – is required in order to complete your online (personal study component)
- Photo ID to confirm your identity is required on your training day.
BEFORE YOU ENROL
Before enrolling in this course, our enrolment officer will arrange to see you in person or via a live video meeting. You will be issued a Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for this course during this meeting. The information in our PDS expands on the information found on this web page or information supplied to you over the phone when you first enquired with us. Prior to enrolment, one of our team will walk you through this document highlighting any expectations we will have from you and providing you with the transparency of your commitment to this course.
QUALIFICATION ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
There are no listed or identified entry requirements for this qualification within the training package. An inspection of the units of competency suggests that students wishing to enrol in this qualification should:
- Possess a current, full and unrestricted Australian driver’s licence
- Fulfil all of the relevant state or territory regulatory requirements. Please refer to the CPVV website for further information.
- Have LLN (Language, Literacy and Numeracy) skills equivalent to Level 3 or higher of the ACSF, which identifies adult English language, literacy and numeracy language indicators of competence.
PLEASE NOTE: You will be required to complete an LLN indication assessment before your enrolment is accepted into this course. Please speak with us if you have any concerns about the LLN assessment; we are always happy to help. Students who demonstrate LLN skills that are below a Level 3 can still participate and are expected to successfully complete this course; however, you will be encouraged to join our full-time or part-time course to ensure that our staff can provide you with the LLN support you may require.
It is recommended that participants are 22 years of age; however, participants 18 years or older can undertake this course. Restrictions will apply to anybody between 18 to 22 years of age obtaining your DIA.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION.
Before you enrol into this course, you may wish to check out the student administration section of this website for the terms and conditions you are bound by when you enrol on one of our courses. The information within this section will highlight any expectations we will have from you and provide you with a clear understanding of your required commitment to your enrolled course. To access the student administration portal, simply click here: Student Administration.
To access your enrolment forms terms and conditions, simply click here: Enrolment Terms and Conditions.
This course and employment as a driver trainer involve moderate physical activity, including kneeling and bending. Intelligent Training Solutions does not accept any responsibility for any harm suffered by you as a result of your participation in the course. If you have any special needs (including those in relation to Language, Literacy or Numeracy), a relevant disability or condition, or any other concerns, you should raise these prior to enrolment.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU ENROL
Before enrolling in this course, you must know that the CPVV will not issue you with a DIA if:
- You have a criminal record. – This criterion is subject to change as currently, not every recorded crime will stop you from obtaining a DIA; however, we can say for certain that those people with sexual assault charges, a history of child abuse, a history of aggression etc… against their name will not be eligible to work in this industry
- You have multiple driving offences – This criterion does not affect those who have had a few speeding or parking tickets; however, those people who repeatedly break the law or have serious traffic infringements against their name, such as drunk driving charges, should check with the CPVV to see they their history will exclude them from the industry before enrolling into this course.
- You have had your licence suspended multiple times
If any of the above concerns you, we recommend speaking with our course coordinator or the CPVV prior to enrolling in this course.
The following criteria have been identified as recommended through industry engagement when undertaking this qualification as they reflect the job function of a driver trainer.
Organisations such as independent, small and large established driving schools (inclusive of solo operators) recommend that all participants wishing to become a Qualified Driving Instructor should have:
- Have reasonable computer skills to create documents such as TAX invoices and, browse the internet to research road rules and regulations, and to communicate with professional associations, industry groups and clubs.
NOTE: Computer skills will also be required for our blended delivery and part-time students. Our full-time students will have the support of their trainers and assessment and therefore won’t need computer skills in order to participate and complete this qualification successfully.
- Provide primary acceptable proof of identification
- Provide secondary proof of identification
- Meet the medical standards for licensing of commercial vehicle drivers as set out in the publication assessing fitness to drive.
- Complete an informed consent form provided by CPVV
- Pass a driver history check. Applicants will be checked for serious or frequent traffic offences.
NOTE: Please speak with your enrolment officer if you have any concerns with the recommended industry requirements.
OUR ENROLMENT PROCESS
Once you have completed step one, your enrolment officer will submit your enrolment forms to our office. Once received by the office, the following process will be applied:
- You will receive a confirmation text message from us to inform you that we have received your enrolment form. This text message may take between 1 to 12 hours to arrive and will only be sent Monday through Friday as this message is only transmitted once our team have your enrolment form in hand.
- During the enrolment process, you will be sent your LLN assessment link and a TAX invoice for the first instalment of your course.
- Once you have completed your LLN assessment online and made payment on your first installment, our administration team will send you a welcome email together with your username and password for accessing your Learner Portal.
- Blended delivery students, our student support team will call you to arrange your first face-to-face appointment with your trainer. If you are a full-time student, your first face-to-face appointment will be on day one of your course.
- You will then receive a final text message (SMS) informing you that your enrolment has been processed. This final text message will also list the emails we have sent you so that you can be sure that you have received all our correspondence.
Student support is a cornerstone of our organisation. Whether you are a full-time, part-time or blended delivery student, you will always have access to your course trainers or student support officers. How you engage in our services (daily, once a week or in blocks) is up to you.
Intelligent Training Solutions can provide you with scheduled or flexible student support sessions. Support for this course is available in the following formats and times:
|TYPE OF SUPPORT AVAILABLE||DAYS AVAILABLE||TIMES AVAILABLE|
|PHONE SUPPORT||MON, TUE, WED, THU, FRI||8.45am to 4.45pm|
|EMAIL SUPPORT||MON, TUE, WED, THU, FRI||8.45am to 4.45pm|
|LIVE VIDEO CHAT||MON, TUE, WED, THU, FRI||8.45am to 4.45pm|
|FACE TO FACE||MON, TUE, WED, THU, FRI||8.45am to 4.45pm|
|AFTER HOURS||MON, TUE, WED, THU, FRI, SAT||BY APPOINTMENT|
PLEASE NOTE: Responses to email support requests will occur during the times stated above; however, responses may be delayed up to 24 hours. If your support enquiry is urgent, we recommend calling us.
Each unit of competence will be assessed. All assessments will be based on competency-based training (CBT) principles. A successful outcome for this course will be determined by a range of different assessment methods, including:
- Assessment of student workbook
- Written assessment
- Observation of simulated and practical activities
- Structured questioning and discussion
- Written or verbal questioning at the completion of each session.
COURSE, EMPLOYMENT AND SOCIAL PATHWAYS
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will have the skills and knowledge required to start your new career as a qualified driving instructor. After successfully completing this course and finalise the last steps to apply for the DIA (Driving Instructor Authority), you will need to:
- Complete a medical assessment which is done through your own GP
- Agree to a driver and police history check, and finally
- Submit an application form with the CPVV, which includes a passport photo
Once all these steps are completed and providing that you don’t have a criminal history (sexual assault, child abuse, aggression etc…) or repeated driving offences, you will be ready and qualified to start your new career.
Once qualified and licenced, you can start your new career as a self-employed trainer, a casual trainer working for a driving school, or a full-time/part-time trainer working for a driving school.
Once you have successfully completed this qualification, you may want to consider completing the TLISS00162 Driving Instructor Skill Set. This skill set provides you with the skills and knowledge required to undertake a driver’s licence assessment in states such as the ACT and South Australia; however, in Victoria, this skill set will provide you with the underpinning knowledge of how the Department of Transport (VicRoads) go about their drive assessment, which in turn, allows you to become a better driving instructor that can thoroughly prepare their students for their drive assessment. Refer to our TLISS00162 web page for more information.
For those students wishing to use this qualification and the skills and knowledge gained throughout the course in a higher education setting, you may also be interested in the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course. Intelligent Training Solutions is not currently offering the TAE40116 qualification so you may need to Google a suitable training provider for this particular course.
CONSIDER A CAREER AS A HEAVY VEHICLE DRIVING INSTRUCTOR
For students with a heavy vehicle licence and keen to expand their skills within the Transport & Logistics industry, you may want to consider completing the TLI41321 Certificate IV in Transport & Logistics (Road Transport – Heavy Vehicle Driving Instructor) course. Direct credit is provided for 8 of the 14 units within the TLI41321 qualification to any student who undertakes the course after having enrolled or successfully completed the TLI41221 (Car) qualification.
CONSIDER A CAREER AS A MOTORCYCLE RIDER INSTRUCTION
Students who have a motorbike licence and wish to train motorcycle riders may want to consider completing the TLI41421 Certificate IV in Transport & Logistics (Road Transport – Motorcycle Riding Instructor) course. Direct credit is provided for 8 of the 11 units within the TLI41421 qualification to any student who undertakes the course after enrolling or successfully completing the TLI41221 (Car) qualification. Intelligent Training Solutions is not currently offering the TLI41421 qualification so you may need to Google a suitable training provider for this particular course.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL)
Intelligent Training Solutions will consider any credit or exemptions for previous studies or industry experience you have obtained. This may be through formal or informal training, paid, or unpaid work experience. An application for DCT or RPL will be completed via a formal interview process prior to your enrolment. Further information is available by contacting our administration office and speaking with our training manager.
PLEASE NOTE: Recognition of prior learning is only a shortcut to the assessment process. RPL does not exempt any student from completing the assessment requirements for this course. For more information on RPL, please visit our Help Centre.
YOUR RIGHTS AS A STUDENT
- You have the right to complain about the performance of our administration services, trainers or assessors.
- You have the right to appeal the assessment decision made by our trainers. Please refer to our appeals policy in this website’s student administration section.
- You can view our complaints and appeals policies by visiting the student administration section of this website.
RESOURCES AND TEXTBOOKS
Intelligent Training Solutions will provide you with the learning and assessment materials required for this qualification. Assessment materials will be provided to you in both electronic and hard copies.
PLEASE NOTE: Student learner guides are not provided in your course folder; instead, we have contextualised the information of these units into an online presentation that you will have full access to as part of your Learner Portal. Electronic learning and assessment materials are provided to you in PDF, Microsoft Word, and Prezi formats. Replacement course folders are charged at $120.00 (excluding GST)
In addition to the above, you will be required to supply the following resources:
- Working pens and highlighters
- A4 lined workbooks for taking notes
- An active email address
- A working computer or laptop with the following programs installed:
- Microsoft Word 365 or higher – (NOTE: Microsoft’s free OPEN Office software is also acceptable)
- The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
- The latest version of Adobe PDF Reader – This is a FREE program available for download online.
- Access to the Internet (ADSL2+ or 3G is the minimum requirement)
- USB memory stick (minimum 4 Gig).
- UV-approved sunglasses, Sunscreen 50+ minimum, Sun hat and suitable shoes for driving. No thongs or bare feet will be allowed in our vehicles.
The following resources are provided to you via PDF file format and are available free of charge as a PDF document from their publishers; however, it is strongly recommended that you consider purchasing printed copies of these textbooks to keep with you throughout the course and in your vehicle, once you become qualified as a driving instructor. Every driving instructor should have a printed copy of the road rules, regulations and testing criteria with them while on the job.
The publications listed in the table below can be purchased directly from the publishers or ordered through the Intelligent Training Solutions online store.
* Prices for the above publications may change without notice.
ASSOCIATED WEBSITE OF INTEREST
The following websites have been provided for your reference and should assist you when deciding about your career.
- Frank’s Engineering Pty Ltd – Website Established in 1986, Frank’s Engineering is a major provider of dual controls and driving school equipment in AUSTRALIA. Unfortunately, Frank’s Engineering is located in Victoria. Driving instructors around Australia send their vehicles to Frank’s engineering.
- Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria – Professional driving instructors in Victoria, must hold a DIA when teaching an unlicensed person to drive a motor vehicle. The CPVV website contains DIA licencing regulations and applicant criteria…
- Information Victoria Bookshop The Information Victoria Bookshop is one of the main resources used by Driving Instructors to obtain copies of road-related textbooks and student handout materials.
STATEMENT OF ATTAINMENT - COURSE COMPLETION
Once you have completed and passed this qualification, you will be issued a Certificate of Completion within 30 days of your final successful assessment. Your Certificate of Completion will contain the following Nationally Recognised Qualification:
- TLI41221 – Certificate IV in Transport & Logistics (Road Transport – Car Driving Instruction)
PLEASE NOTE: Intelligent Training Solutions aims to issue certificates within 7 to 14 days from the successful completion of your course; HOWEVER, failing to provide our office with your correct USI details, failing to complete any required paperwork, or a failure to pay your invoices on time will delay this process. If you require your certificate urgently for any reason, please inform your program coordinator so that they can attempt to make the required arrangements for you.
Results and/or certificates will only be issued to a student once all enrolment fees have been paid in full, with the exception of those students on a PayRight payment plan (interest-free student loan).
We also have a general set of terms and conditions, which can be viewed here: ENROLMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Specific terms and conditions related to this qualification can be found in your Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)
To summarise our cancellation and refund terms and conditions, in short, We are unable to refund monies for students who do not turn up for class. Course fees will not be refunded if received within eight days of your course commencement. Intelligent Training Solutions has already secured the required trainers, training venues, course resources and printed materials for your attendance on the course. Your enrolment has been taken into account during this preparation stage; therefore, course fees WILL NOT be refunded.
Any student who enrols in a course less than eight days from the proposed course commencement date will not receive a refund in accordance with Clause 4.3.
PLEASE decide carefully when enrolling in a course with less than eight days between your enrolment and the commencement of the course. Once your enrolment is processed, all payments made are non-refundable.
NOTE: WITHDRAWING FROM THE COURSE AT THIS STAGE WILL RESULT IN A VACANT POSITION WITHIN THE COURSE AND WILL DEPRIVE INTELLIGENT TRAINING SOLUTIONS AND THE COURSE OF THE REVENUE IT WOULD PROVIDE.
Click the link above to view our full list of terms and conditions.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
Here are a few of our most frequently asked questions on this course; please click on any questions below to expand the content.
CAN I TEACH PEOPLE FOR MONEY ONCE I AM QUALIFIED
The short answer to this question is YES.
Once you have completed this qualification, you will need to apply to the CPVV for your licence. This process can take between 7 to 14 days. Anybody wishing to teach a learner driver for money or reward must be qualified and licensed with the CPVV for starting to teach a student.
WHAT IF I AM NOT CONFIDENT USING A COMPUTER OR I DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO A COMPUTER OR THE INTERNET?
Intelligent Training Solutions strongly recommends that you join our full-time course for those who are not confident with a computer. This way, our trainers and support team can assist you face-to-face throughout your course.
Please Note: Enrolling in a part-time course is also an option; however, some basic computer skills will be required if you are considering part-time.
WHAT IS INVOLVED WITH THE FACE-TO-FACE TRAINING SESSION?
The face-to-face training sessions are fun, interactive, hands-on sessions that use a variety of delivery methods to share information with students. Information is presented to you in a conversational delivery approach, with lots of real-world scenarios, videos, modern presentations and, most importantly, a direct focus on practical, easy-to-implement approaches and techniques.
PRIVATE & CORPORATE BOOKINGS ARE AVAILABLE ONSITE
Onsite training is a convenient and flexible training solution for your workplace or community group.
Intelligent Training Solutions brings the training to you wherever and whenever you need it, with onsite delivery available six days a week for 50 weeks of the year!
LIVE STUDENT FEEDBACK FROM GOOGLE
We strongly recommend checking out the reviews past students have left us on Google. We believe that live reviews and ratings speak volumes compared to the static snippets of favourable reviews most other training providers put on their websites. Below is a live feed from our Google reviews. This is an unfiltered feed. The reviews listed below are from students of every course we deliver. If you wish to find a specific review on a course you are interested in, you may need to look through the list. 🙂