CPPFES2020A Conduct Routine Inspection and Testing of Fire Extinguishers and Fire Blankets
Test and Tag Fire Extinguishers and Fire Blankets Course
Intelligent Training Solutions is a forward thinking training provider specialising in quality training solutions to industry, business, both small and large and individuals seeking to up-skill or gain financially rewarding employment. We deliver quality training solutions backed by our expertise. Your transition into this industry is enhanced by our ongoing technical support long after you’ve completed your training.
This course will certify you as a ‘competent person’ to establish the essential safety measures and outline a level of maintenance in accordance with the Australian Standards 1851-2012, the Essentials Safety Measures Building Code of Australia (BCA). This course will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to conduct the weekly, monthly, six-monthly and yearly inspections, testing and maintenance of fire extinguishers and fire blankets at your own workplace or at a customer’s premises.
The course set out the requirements for routine servicing (inspection, testing, preventive maintenance, and survey) of portable and wheeled fire extinguishers, that, at the time of manufacture, complied with the relevant Australian Standards.
The following Nationally Accredited Unit of Competence are included in this Certificate:
|Core Unit||Unit Name|
|CPPFES2020A||Conduct routine inspection and testing of fire extinguishers and fire blankets|
For those participants wishing to continue with study after achieving the CPPFES2020A Conduct Routine Inspection and Testing of Fire Extinguishers and Fire Blankets certificate can do so by undertaking the Certificate II in Fire Protection Inspection and Testing Course.
This course is delivered as a Blended Delivery course meaning that this course is conducted in 1 day practical face to face session with a personal study component that is required to be completed by you in your own time.
Our blended delivery course ensures all who attend are provided with sufficient, one on one, practice discharging and recharging fire extinguishers including conducting all maintenance activities required by the Australian Standards. Courses are available on a weekly basis and are flexible with dates and times to cater to your individual or organisational needs.
For more detailed information about how an ITS blended delivery course works, please click on the “Blended Delivery Courses Explained” link below.
What is blended delivery and how does the Express course work?Blended Delivery Courses Explained
What is blended delivery?
Our blended delivery course is a flexible approach to teaching and learning that uses a combination of either online or handwritten personal study and face to face classes.
What are the benefits of blended delivery?
There are a number of different benefits to a blended delivery approach to education and training both in the workplace and for individuals.
Blended delivery improves access to training for individuals by giving them the flexibility and freedom to learn anytime, anywhere. Blended delivery also provides students with control over the pace of their learning so that difficult concepts can be reviewed as often as required.
The benefits for employers are many. Employers can save time, money, and more importantly human resources allowing them to up-skill their workforce without massive amounts of downtime in productivity.
Who should use a blended delivery approach?
Those who will benefit the most from a blended delivery approach are:
- Employers that want to ensure they are meeting their obligations under the new workplace health and safety regulations;
- Any individual that requires “gap training” following changes to industry standards that might mean they would no longer be deemed competent;
- Any person that wants to up-skill or demonstrate their skill level and competency to a prospective employer.
- Any individual that requires this certificate but can not afford to take time from paid employment to complete a two-day course.
When can I enroll into a blended delivery course?
The great news about a blended delivery course that you can join anytime you like. Practical sessions are scheduled below. Call us for more information.
What is the quickest amount of time I can complete this course?
Due to the nature of this course and the amount of information we provide you to satisfactory gain the knowledge and experience required by a fire extinguisher service technician, most learners will need a minimum of 10 hours complete this course with a maximum of 16 hours. As with any blended delivery course, the amount of time required to complete a certification depends directly on the amount of time you dedicate to your study and will also depend on your previous experiences and knowledge of the subject matter.
What is the maximum amount of time I can take to complete this qualification?
Practical sessions are scheduled on a fixed timetable. With regard to your personal study component, you will be provided with a Welcome email containing instructions on how to access, and complete, your work. You will have access to your personal study component within 24 hours from date of enrollment. We recommend that you complete your personal study part before attending the practical session, however, if you were unable to do that you will have a maximum of 3 working days from the date of the actual course to complete your personal study component.
Do I need to complete the personal study component before the practical session?
We recommend that you complete the personal study component before the practical session however it is not compulsory. We have designed and developed our course to ensure that the two elements (personal study component and practical component) are not dependent on each other, in other words, you will not be disadvantaged should you not have completed the personal study part first.
Sounds great, what’s next?
Our courses are informative, engaging and practical. Furthermore, our professional network together with our industry links will provide you with the latest updates, general information well beyond your time with us on the course.
The ITS Student Portal – A Quick Glimpse
We are both proud and confident to say that we would have developed an informative and interactive Student Portal for this certification. We have worked tirelessly on our student portal to provide you with an educational pathway that delivers more variety, interactivity and meaningful information using a variety of platforms than any other provider. We have quite literally picked up our full-time course and placed it on our student portal where you can access it at any time and in any location.
Over the years we have created in-house learning materials that include presentations, animations, videos, recorded webinars, live webinars, industry approved texts, additional support materials and much, much more to ensure that our Blended Delivery Course delivers you the same learning, qualification, employment outcomes and opportunities when compared to our full-time course. Best of all, we have put in the hard work into our Portal and materials to ensure that your experience on this course is straightforward and stress-free. You will be provided with a clean, easy to use and simple to navigate Portal were the information you need is never more than three (3) clicks away. Our course contains materials for all learning styles (Auditory, Visual, Kinesthetic) yet you will never need to learn how to use different computer programs or platforms as our portal handles it all.
Our blended delivery course is NOT an online course where you are left to your own devices to become overwhelmed and uninspired to complete the course and gain the qualification. It is NOT just another student portal where endless amounts of text and data have been dumped and left to die along with your chances of becoming a successful service technician.
Our portal will provide you with access to everything you require to complete the personal study component of this course at your convenience. You will regularly have contact with us and access to unparalleled support to fill in any gaps.
Student support is a cornerstone of our organisation. Regardless if you are a full time, part time or a blended delivery student, you will always have access to your trainers. Whether you wish to engage our services on a daily basis, once a week or in blocks is up to you. We have scheduled student support times as well as an ability to generate a support service at any time via our website. Support for this qualification is available in the following formats and times:
- Phone Support available six days a week, 9.30am to 8.00pm (Monday to Thursday), 9.30 to 5.30pm (Friday), 8.00am to 12.30pm (Saturday)
- Email Support available six days a week, 9.30am to 8.00pm (Monday to Thursday), 9.30 to 5.30pm (Friday), 8.00am to 12.30pm (Saturday)
- Live Online Video Support (Webinar or AnyMeeting), available on request
- Face to Face Support, available on the day of your practical sessions, Friday’s and on request.
Once you enrol into any of our courses, you will be emailed your trainers contact details. If you require any assistance, feel free to contact your trainer or our office, Monday to Saturday, in accordance with the times printed above. We are here to help!
Before enrolling in this course, you may wish to download a copy of the ITS Information Handbook. The information found in this document will highlight any expectations we will have from you and provide you with a clear understanding of your required commitment to this course. This document can be obtained by contacting our office or is available for download from this website.
Items you will receive on this course
Once you have successfully completed this course you will receive the following items:
- FREE access to our online student portal for an additional two months allowing you to re-visit the information and videos at any time or for any reason.
- Printed personalised plastic wallet-sized card, this card contains your course information, your details, your course and recommended renewal date. It will also contain an emergency DRS ABCD action plan.
- A Certificate and Statement of Attainment containing:
- CPPFES2020A Conduct Routine Inspection and Testing of Fire Extinguishers and Fire Blankets
Please note: Once you have satisfied all the requirements of this course and made payment your certificate will be emailed to you within a maximum of 14 days from the date of completion. We aim to have our Certificates sent out within 48 to 72 hours. If you require your certificate urgently, please inform your trainer so that they can make the necessary arrangements for you.
If you need Test and Tag equipment within your facility or are intending to start up your own business to provide this service, Intelligent Training Solutions will equip you with all the knowledge and equipment required to start you off on the right track. Speak to your trainer about our business start-up kits.
2017-2018 Course Fees
How to Enrol
Online Options for this course: Online Enrolment | PDF Download | In Person.
Applicants wishing to enrol in this course must complete the Enrolment Form either online, in person or by downloading and completing the PDF version. To enrol online just click the ‘Enrol Now’ button below located next to the course you wish to register in.
To get a PDF version of the enrolment form just click the ‘ITS Enrolment Form’ button located on the right-hand side menu bar, alternatively, you may wish to speak with one of our team during business hours.
Once you have completed our enrolment form and it has been submitted to our office either electronically or via the post, the following process is applied:
- You will receive a confirmation text message (SMS) from us to inform you that we have received your enrolment form. This text message may take between 1 to 12 hours to arrive as this message is only sent once our team has your enrolment form in hand.
- You will receive a bunch of emails from us. These emails may include: (These emails may take between 1 to 24 hours to arrive from the confirmation SMS)
- Welcome email which will contain information and instructions on how to access your course along with your trainer’s contact details and location and time of your scheduled training.
- A TAX invoice/receipt
- An email containing information on your USI
- You will then receive another text message (SMS) from us informing you that your enrolment has been processed. This text message will also list what emails we have sent you. (This message is sent straight after the above emails have been sent, between 5 to 10 minutes)
This Course Covers
- Introduction into the Industry
- Workplace Safety
- Obtaining work permits, hazard identification, Safe Work Method Statements, etc…
- Inspect, Test and Maintain Fire Extinguishers
- Extinguisher Maintenance
- Inspect, Test and Maintain Fire Blankets
- Servicing Operations
- Relevant Code of Practice, Standards, and Guides
Even though Fire protection equipment maintenance is a serious topic, our courses are fun, practical and engaging. They contain a lot of valuable video content to ensure participants remain engaged rather than listening to war stories of trainers past experiences. Unlike many other providers, all our instructors are qualified and are currently employed as Fire Protection Emergency Service workers. Our standards are high to ensure that the information you receive during this course is current and practical and not just taught by a service technician. We believe in providing you with highly qualified trainers that have real current industry experience.
Intelligent Training Solutions can deliver this course at your workplace, training venue or community function center. Intelligent Training Solutions also offer this course in the following training venues around Victoria.
- Attwood, Victoria
- Preston, Victoria
- Riddells Creek, Victoria
- Gisborne, Victoria
- Romsey, Victoria
- Lancefield, Victoria
- Epping, Victoria
- Melbourne CBD and many, many more places.
If you have a group of people that would like to enrol into this course and you would like us to deliver this course in your area, please let us know, and we will make all the arrangements. We specialise in corporate bookings and are flexible and dynamic to accommodate most organisational requirements.
Course Entry Recommendations
Participants should have basic Language, Literacy, and Numeracy skills and have the physical ability to manage fire extinguishers. Participants must be 18 years or older.
This unit of competency will be assessed. The assessment will be based on the principles of CBT (competency-based training). A successful outcome for this certificate will be determined by a range of different methods including online or written submission of work, observation of simulated and practical activities, structured questioning or discussions.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
RPL for this certificate will be offered by way of an assessment only pathway. Applicants will need to undertake both the theory and practical assessment tasks to be deemed competent in this course. Standard fees will apply. Further information is available by contacting our office.
Terms and Conditions
The training offered by ITS provides the skills and knowledge to properly inspect, test and maintain fire extinguishers and fire blankets. ITS accepts no responsibility for the subsequent actions of participants.
Fire equipment servicing involves moderate physical activity including kneeling and bending. ITS does not accept any liability for any harm suffered by you as a result of your participation in the course. If you have any special needs (including those concerning Language, Literacy or Numeracy) a related disability or condition, or any other concerns you should raise these before enrolment.
Refunds and Cancelation Policy
Please note we are unable to refund money to you if:
- You change your mind for any reason within seven days before course commencement. (NOTE: In the event you enrol into this course within the 7 days prior to the course start date, you will be given a 24 hour cooling off period. After the 24 hours has passed no money will be refunded)
- If you are required to leave class and are unable to return within a timely manner.
Additional information on the ITS refund policy can be found on the ITS Enrolment Form or the Information Handbook.
- You have the right to complain about the performance of our administration services, trainers or assessors
- You have the right to appeal the assessment decision made by our trainers. Please refer to the ITS appeals policy located in the information handbook.
- You can view our Complaints and Appeals policies by downloading our Information Handbook from this website.
Required Resources and Book List
ITS will provide you with all the required resources and books on the day of your course. You are welcome to download a free copy of the CPPFES2020A Learner Guide or purchase a hard copy for $26.95.
Required Equipment (Student)
It is recommended that you provide the following:
- Working pens and highlighters for use on the course.
- A4 lined workbooks for taking notes (minimum 150 pages)
- An active and working email account
- Photo ID to confirm your identity
Upon Successful Completion of this course
Upon the successful completion of this accredited certificate, you will receive a Statement of Attainment and A4 Certificate via email together with a printed wallet-sized plastic card that contains your course information and a DRS ABCD Action Plan. This card will be sent to you in the mail upon completion of this course.
ITS has worked with and delivered courses to:
- Advanced Athletes Performance
- Broadcast Australia
- K&S Group (K&S Freighters) Maintenance Department
- Avanti Wind Systems
This page was last updated on Monday 13th November 2017 @ 11.01am